3 POINT LIFT

/ 3 POINT LIFT #1  

Anonymous Poster

Today, I decided to start and run my 1610 for a while to make sure the battery does not die. It had been about three weeks since I started it last. While it was running with me sitting on it, I decided to ride around my property. My 5' finish mower (405#) was attatched to the 3 point. I raised the mower as normal. I have learned not to raise it very high and then go running around my property which is fairly sloped. (another story) Anyway, I always set the mower on a couple of timbers when I park the tractor to keep the mower off the ground. When I backed into the parking position, the mower was not very high off the ground so I raised the 3 point to set the mower on the wood but it would not raise the mower more than about 1 foot off the ground. The hydrolics are trying but it just won't raise the mower higher.

This is my first real tractor and I only have about 3 hours operating time since I bought it. Also the first hint of trouble with the 3 point. I checked the transmission-hydraulic fluid level and it is clean and full.

Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gary

/ 3 POINT LIFT #2  
While it was sitting, could anyone have messed with the length of the toplink, closed the 3ph stop valve by your foot,
or the speed adjusting lever under the seat? Does it raise normally to a point then stop? Drop off the mower and try it, maybe the drive shaft or other linkage is interfering. Does it just operate sluggishly? Has the hydraulic screen inside the rear end been cleaned lately? Don't trust anybody's word on that.

/ 3 POINT LIFT
My wife and I live alone and had no one around the tractor during the three weeks. (I think) I have it covered and bungied with a tarp. The last time I used it, it seemed to work fine. Todays temperature was the warmest in two months (72 degrees) There is a round valve on the area just below the seat that adjusts the speed that the 3 point drops but that valve is fully open. (first thing I checked) The hydraulic screen has not been touched since I owned it. God only knows how long since it was cleaned. I think it is at the rear on the left side if I am sitting in the seat. I understand it to be inside a three bolt plate that is triangular in shape.

Am I close? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 3 POINT LIFT #4  
The round valve should be either fully open or closed. It's purpose is to lock the 3ph in place for servicing. There should be a small lever under the seat, (lift the seat), for adjusting the drop speed of the lift. Mine is "L" shaped and has a red plastic cover on the handle. The 3 point cover does house the screen in Question.

/ 3 POINT LIFT #5  
There may be water in the hydralic reservior or the hydralic filter is clogged. Check to see if the hydralic is milky(indicates water) and if it has drain and replace with John Deere 303 hydralic. You may want to check the filter, follow the hydralic line to where it screws into the tractor, remove the four screws and remove wire screen filter and clean. The reservior will need to be empty when checking filter.

/ 3 POINT LIFT
Thanks guys,

If it is warm enough today, I will get out and get under and see if I can figure it out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue"> Gary </font>

/ 3 POINT LIFT #7  
What's warm enough? Aren't you in Florida? We've got a high of 28 forcasted for today in SE PA. BRRRR. But there is a silver lining. I leave for St. Augustine at 0400 hours tomorrow morning with the boat in tow! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We're planning on stopping in Savannah for the night and finishing the trip on Thursday morning. We'll be there until the end of the month.

Floridaboy where are you located in Florida? Anyone near St. Augustine that can comment on the fishing this time of year?

Attachments

• 234834-Image65.jpg
    234834-Image65.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 107
   / 3 POINT LIFT #8  
We have snow still coming down today in Pearblossom, CA!!!
<font color="purple">And I get to deliver a 1401D today!!! </font>
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 3 POINT LIFT #9  
so, you're delivering a 1401?!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif any chance your customer wouldn't notice a missing headlight?
I need one for my 1401d /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ 3 POINT LIFT #10  
I just changed my hytrans fluid...I'd been having similar troubles--
after cleaning the screen and adding some new fluid, it works like new. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
who knows how long it had been since the fluid had been changed, or the screen cleaned
in mine /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Also, I don't know about a 1610, but I found it much easier to remove the screen on
my 1401d if I pulled the rear wheel.