Tractor won't move

/ Tractor won't move #1  

crb478

Silver Member
Tractor won\'t move

I have a YM1720D and a neighbor borrowed it to do some loader work. He said that the tractor was running fine and he left it running while he went inside to take a break. When he returned the tractor would not climb the small hill he was on and would barely move either forward or in revere in any of the gear ranges. By the time I got to it it would not move at all, but the engine seems to be running fine.
I suspect that the power shift is not getting enough hydrolic fluid to shift the gears, but I don't know for sure. I checked the fluid and it is full and looks clean. I have not drained the fluid and checked the filter yet. ( the tractor is outside and we are in the middle of a ice storm )
Does anyone else have any ideas of what might be causing this. I am open for suggestions to try before I have to tow it in to be repaired. Thanks in advance.

/ Tractor won't move #2  
Re: Tractor won\'t move

For sure check the filter screen in the bottom of the tranny, but if the loader and power steering works, that probably is not the problem.
I lost the springs on the clutch in my 336 once, acted like that. Would move in low gear, bet didn't have the torque to use a higher gear.
Good luck

/ Tractor won't move

Should have mentioned that the loader and the 3pt still work fine. Will be checking the screen in a few days as soon as the weather breaks. Thanks

/ Tractor won't move #4  

If you have loader and 3pt function, it isn't the screen, sorry that would have been the cheapest way out.
Does your pto work? If it won't pull a load, it is deffinetely a clutch problem. If the pto works, then it might be in the hyd clutches or valve body. Before I tore it down, I would check the pressures in the tranny. Might be something as simple as an O-ring in the valve body.