Oil & Fuel Over heating 2500 Yanmar

/ Over heating 2500 Yanmar #1  

Yanman25

Tractor
Yammar 2500
I have a Yanmar 2500 tractor that over heats. It has a new water pump and the cooling system seems to be ok. It has a poping sound in the muffler at a low idel, are if it gets under a big load. Will not crank if engine is hot. Could this be fuel injector timing? If so how do you adjust the injector timing??? Thanks in advance!!!!!!

/ Over heating 2500 Yanmar #2  
I'd have the radiator checked by a shop to make sure there are no blockages first...

/ Over heating 2500 Yanmar #3  
Is the tractor new to you? How long has this been going on? Has overheating got worse over a time period? The timing is set with shims Yanmar Tractor Parts: INJ. PUMP SHIM_ but I agree with Yanny man about making sure cooling system is in top order first. If the timing was ever correct there is no reason it should have got out of time.Have you checked your valve clearance? Pretty simple procedure, probably not the problem but could cause some popping if to tight. Yanmar Tractor Valve Setting

/ Over heating 2500 Yanmar #4  
When you say over heating, do you know that is a fact? If the head gasket is bad or it has another way for compression pressure to get into the cooling system it will " overheat". Blowing out water,steam from the cap,hose is the sign from both over heating and excess pressure in the system. Look for bubbles in the coolant while at operating temp and check for a crack in the head or gasket. I know you don't want to hear this, but it is on the list of things to check.