yanmar not running!

/ yanmar not running! #1  

true4u

Tractor
John Deere 2305
Hi there!
I have a JD 2305 with the yanmar. Its been a great tractor. But now the tractor won't start! All filters are new, and it has 1400 hrs on it. It will start up then emddiately die. What is going on? I'm losing business! Lol.

/ yanmar not running! #3  
:welcome: to TBN! It sounds like you are having a fuel problem. First, does it have fuel? That is key. If it does, I have been hearing locally about bad fuel, this bad fuel supposedly has my local Kubota Dealer with numerous machines on their lot. My Dad's friend just got his Kubota back for that problem. Have you checked your fuel lines? Trace them check to make sure nothing is kinked or obstructing fuel flow. There could even be something in the fuel tank preventing fuel from getting into the lines. Lastly, I would look at your injection pump. With my experience with injection pumps, you have to know what you are doing.

/ yanmar not running! #4  
I just remembered, another place I would look into is the seat switch. The wire running up to it could be corroded and wear from being snaked up to the bottom of the seat. My dad's JD 3720 had that problem but it just wouldn't move. I know with the 2305 that it wont move and it will shut off.

/ yanmar not running! #6  
If the filters are all new, did you bleed the air out of the lines when you changed the fuel filter?

/ yanmar not running! #7  
Im thinking fuel filter first as well. Then if that is new you can check the lines.

Also you may want to post in the JD forum, as we in this yanmar forum dont necisarily know all the switches and such on the JD's. Yes i know the mods moved him here.

/ yanmar not running! #8  
Hi there!
I have a JD 2305 with the yanmar. Its been a great tractor. But now the tractor won't start! All filters are new, and it has 1400 hrs on it. It will start up then emddiately die. What is going on? I'm losing business! Lol.

We'll need more informations as to your troubleshoot procedures, We can however rule out all but one of the filters you have changed as being any cause to the issue, Not sure about your tractor but changing the fuel filter on my tractor wouldn't necessarily cause it not run,

Was this a routine maintenance? or was there some reason you felt the fuel filter need changing? had it been running OK prier to changing the filter?
of course you shut off the fuel supply valve before changing the filter? and turned it back on,
with the limited info one could only assume when starting up but shutting back off is like the others have said air in the line and needs bleeding,