My carry all/drag build dont laugh

/ My carry all/drag build dont laugh #1  

Car Doc

Elite Member
Tractor
YM3810D Yanmar
Its been pretty quiet around here for awhile and I am sure nobody has been doing any tractoring with all the heat but I am starting on a project and figured Id share it for something to do.

We finally had a whopping .05 rain the day before yesterday making out total for the year 1.80!!! That got me thinking I need to get my drag built so I can hang it from my 3 pt and lift it etc a .50 to 1.00 rain is just right to fluff the rocks in my yard & driveway and we will have rain sooner or later.

When it was given to me years ago it was in a big gravel oil field pipe yard and setup with a long chain with a loop in the middle and they would hook it over the ball on their pickups and drag it around its 8' wide btw.

It wasn't built to be moved from place to place except with a loader and that will be my project making it a 3 pt attachment that will float it has to be on chains or will be to rigid to actually level.

Actually I am thinking I need a carry all and be able to haul and use this drag all with the same frame just need to be able to un-hook the drag when I need a carry all sounds easy?

edit:

Neat1500's project got me thinking about incorporating the drag and carry all together I plan to do something similar to his carry all except have 4 chains hanging off to attach to the drag is what I have in mind at this point it may change.

If someone has any ideas please feel free to add I tend to think things to death and then at the last minute say the heck with it and get out the welder and get to work so if anyone sees something let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1386 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_1386 (1024x768).jpg
    545 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1387 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_1387 (1024x768).jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
   / My carry all/drag build dont laugh #2  
I would build forks (more general-purpose) then drag that thing with chains hooked to the tips of the forks. When you are ready to put it away, slip the forks under it and back it up against the side of your barn etc.

Here's a description of what I built.

/ My carry all/drag build dont laugh #3  
I'm sure what ever it is you're planing on building will work, although let me mention something that was brought up a couple years ago back when I put the FEl on my tractor, I had a Boom pole before having the FEL and asked what use would I ever have for it? with now having a FEl I could lift/move most anything with it just as I did with the Boom.;)
I forget who it was that chimed in, but who ever it was I thought had a great idea, he used his Boom pole for moving around his drag harrow, he some how configured the end of the pole to hook to the drag harrow and could lift it with the pole when needing to movie it about without dragging up places he didn't need to, So if you have a Boom pole you might already have what you need to move your drag harrow around,:thumbsup:

/ My carry all/drag build dont laugh
Hey California and Deep thanks both great ideas thats what I like common sense solutions! :D

I had cut up my cherry picker to make rear ballast with suitcase weights that would have been just the ticket like what Deep said.

/ My carry all/drag build dont laugh #7  
If someone has any ideas please feel free to add I tend to think things to death and then at the last minute say the heck with it and get out the welder and get to work so if anyone sees something let me know.

To bad you aren't close to TX. For $40 bucks you could have the 3pt part already built.

EQUIPMENT CARRIER with 3 POINT HITCH - $40

3n53m63lf5O35Q15W5b7m7ea5ac2228f81375.jpg

Farm King - Drag Harrow

A picture of a tool you may get some ideas from.:)

Thank you sir definitely along the lines of what I am thinking! :thumbsup:

Fact I decided after thinking about Deep's suggestion why thats just the simplest solution right there so I have built another cherry picker and its right along the lines of Egon' suggestion also thanks guys that helps a lot!!! I have a fel so a carry all is overkill.

I am just an hour from being done and all I need now is a few clevis's. I dropped my (wifes) camera dumbazz me so pics may be later.....

To bad you aren't close to TX. For $40 bucks you could have the 3pt part already built.

EQUIPMENT CARRIER with 3 POINT HITCH - $40

3n53m63lf5O35Q15W5b7m7ea5ac2228f81375.jpg

Thank you sir that is one of the things I was looking for around here on CL and nextech classifieds and would have bought one had there been one close.

I looked at a disc and it was old but cutting that thing up would have been a lot more work a redi made carry all like that one would have worked fine! :thumbsup:

Well like I said dont laugh but here it is crude I know but it works pretty good I am happy with it.

The drag itself was given to me and with the drawbar and hitch pins and clevises so I have about $80 invested.

Its still a dual purpose build I now have another cherry picker thats capable of lifting anything my 3 pt can handle the carryall may come later.

Attachments

• DSCF0124 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF0124 (1024x768).jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF0127 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF0127 (1024x768).jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF0131 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF0131 (1024x768).jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 326