New Yanmar Tiller

/ New Yanmar Tiller #1  

woody1940

Tractor
Ford 8n
I jsut purchased new tines for my Yanmar tiller, the tines are left and right, my tiller did not have tines on it. How are the tines configured where do the lefts go and where do th rights go? do you alternate left, right? I am lost.

Thanks for any help

/ New Yanmar Tiller #2  
Some of the tiller have a diagram on the cover showing how the tine goes. I think if you put them one left and the next right you will come out right. I've seem some 2 right and two left. Put them on and till with it and change as needed.

/ New Yanmar Tiller #3  
What model tiller?

Somewhere I have photos of the tine diagram on RS1400 and a later 1300mm Yanmar tiller. It might take me a while to find them. Also, maybe somebody here has a legible diagram on theirs that they can photograph for you.

/ New Yanmar Tiller #4  
Easy... point the tip of the tine to the side that the nut bolts on.

Remember the bolt head goes in the slot, (not the nut)

That's the factory setting.:D

/ New Yanmar Tiller #5  

Attachments

• 100_3942.jpg
    100_3942.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 100_3943.jpg
    100_3943.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 769
  • 100_3944.jpg
    100_3944.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 602
  • 100_3945.jpg
    100_3945.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
   / New Yanmar Tiller
Thanks alot guys, for the answers. Lot of help

/ New Yanmar Tiller #7  
Hi woody,

There is a clearer picture of the diagram for the 1300 tiller here.

But Ernie's suggestion seems the easiest and he says original. It seems that the original tillers had variations of the pattern, for different purposes???

Mike

/ New Yanmar Tiller #8  
Here is a pic of the decal on my RS1300.

There are several patterns for the tines depending upon how you want the tiller to handle the dirt. Know one doesn't shift dirt and another shift dirt towards center so when center piece is removed from drag it forms hills. One should be able to figure out how the dirt is handled by looking at the tine pattern.

Attachments

• tiller decal.jpg
    tiller decal.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,078
   / New Yanmar Tiller #9  
Here are the legible decals on my RS1400 tiller: Lube, and YM2000 Setup. (The tine decal is illegible.)

P1060268rRS1400TillerLubeDecal.JPG P1060269rRS1400YM2000SetupDecal.JPG

Also - tine decal photos for RS1303 and RSB1400(G). On this last one the bolt head is shown in the recess as Ernie said, and as shown in Mickey's photo above.

P1060271rRS1303TillerTineDecal.JPG P1060275rRSB1400G-TillerTineDecal.JPG

I have a question: The Lube and Setup decals show the rear wheels installed with the vertical axle supports at the outermost sides of the wheels. I had installed mine with the supports on the inner sides to reduce tearing up my orchard trees when I get too close. But the wheels can only 'steer' a very limited angle in one direction, not enough to prevent ridges/ditches when tilling a tight turn. Are the pins that limit the steering angle of those wheels supposed to be vertical to allow equal swing in either direction, or bent like mine?

/ New Yanmar Tiller #10  
Here are the legible decals on my RS1400 tiller: Lube, and YM2000 Setup. (The tine decal is illegible.)

View attachment 222362 View attachment 222363

Also - tine decal photos for RS1303 and RSB1400(G). On this last one the bolt head is shown in the recess as Ernie said, and as shown in Mickey's photo above.

View attachment 222360 View attachment 222361

I have a question: The Lube and Setup decals show the rear wheels installed with the vertical axle supports at the outermost sides of the wheels. I had installed mine with the supports on the inner sides to reduce tearing up my orchard trees when I get too close. But the wheels can only 'steer' a very limited angle in one direction, not enough to prevent ridges/ditches when tilling a tight turn. Are the pins that limit the steering angle of those wheels supposed to be vertical to allow equal swing in either direction, or bent like mine?

I through the wheel was for depth control of the tiller tines.