YM186 how to check transmision fluid level?

/ YM186 how to check transmision fluid level? #1  
I don't think I have a dipstick to measure. The filler cap is right under the seat. I have a very small leak at the PTO and have been just adding a little amount of fluid equal to what I think had leaked out. I would like to protect the machine and ensure its on the correct level?

Side question- Safe to use a small amount in the shuttle shift transmission? Ive got a worn out Cub Cadet 3240 that I plan to use 5-10% mixture next fluid change.

Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster & Stop LeakAn additive for hydraulic systems that stops leaks and increases hydraulic pressure. Use in new units to stop initial wear and increase fluid life.

Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster & Stop Leak was formulated to renew hydraulic fluid with an additive package that stops seal leaks, boosts pressure, reduces operating temperatures and increases the life of hoses, rams and cylinders. It is an inexpensive solution to most hydraulic problems and a perfect preventative maintenance product.

http://www.lucasoil.com/images/medialibrary/hydra_booster_stop_leak.pdf

/ YM186 how to check transmision fluid level? #2  
there is no real way to know unless you can fab something up using dimensins off another stick.

Go to Hoye tractor's link at the top of the page and click on it. Then parts then our model, i think they have the dipsticks with caps.

/ YM186 how to check transmision fluid level? #4  
The measure stick is kind of hard to see--it is on the left side on the axle housing. You have to be sort of a contortionist to get to it. blow the debris away before pulling it out. When you tip the seat forward and look straight down on the left between the fender and the trans housing you should see it.

Mike

/ YM186 how to check transmision fluid level?
Found it- fluid is :thumbsup:

I assume the simple mark is the full amount. Whats the total fluid capacity?

I did as about 1 cup of the Lucas additive.

/ YM186 how to check transmision fluid level? #8