Rolled my EX3200 and need help

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #1  

TDR

Tractor
Yanmar EX3200
It was a stupid move. I wanted to move one more bucket of dirt before dark and my angle was wrong. With the incline to steep the tractor rolled over to lay on it's right hand (air intake) side. I did upright it within 5 minutes and
tried to start it. It only clicked so as I had read on this website...leave it sit for 24 hours. The next night it clicked twice and then started. It billowed major smoke but allowed me to get the tractor back up to the barn. I have started it each of the past four nights and although the smoke has decreased it still smokes severely and has little power when I test drive it The only things i have done is to check fluids, remove and clean the small amount of oil in the air cleaner tubes and also cracked the injectors while running (suggested from another thread). The injector cracking changed the motor RPM on all 3 cylinders. The tractor has only cosmetic damage so it seems it should be related to something that has improperly relocated...like fluids.
I have very little experience with diesels and at a loss of what to try. Could the glow plugs be covered in oil? Where are the glow plugs located on this engine and what do they look like? It acts just like a carbureted gas engine would act with a fouled plug....but it smokes as well. The smoke is blue and has a very strong diesel fuel smell that burns your eyes.
Thanks very much to anyone who can help.

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #2  
You say it clicked when you tried to start it. Did it act as though it might have fluid on top of the cylinders? EX3200? Is this a Cub Cadet Yanmar?

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #3  
I would check and see if the air filter is oil saturated. This can restrict the air flow.:thumbsup:

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help
Hi guys and thanks for helping. It is a yanmar cub cadet. I pulled the entire air cleaner tube system and filter off prior to starting it and it was perfectly clean. Since there is no physical damages I assume this is fluid relatedbthat has impacted something electrical (maybe echanical like injectors).
1. Can the glow plugs impact the running operation or are they only for starting the engine?
2. Where are the glow plugs located on this engine?
3. Is there any type of "tilt" sensor on the tractor that might impact operation?
4. How do I check for "spark" at the cylinders and where does the "spark" originate?

Thanks again if anyone can help on the Yanmar specifics.

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #5  
Diesels don't have spark. They just ignite with high pressure compression. Glow plugs are for cranking only. I am not familiar with the cub cadets but I would doubt there are any tilt sensors. You might have better luck on this forum. TractorByNet.com - Search Results Sorry I can't be any help.:thumbsup:

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #6  
My trailer came uncoupled when unloading a ZTR mower that went nearly vertical and I kept having bad smoke until I changed the oil. Somehow, gas flowed back into the crankcase.

A diesel doesn't have the same carb set up--might not be pertinent to your machine, but changing the oil is cheap if somehow diesel has gotten into your crankcase oil.

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help
Excellent suggestion on changing the oil and I will do so this weekend. Being only familiar with gas engines and the old "fuel, air and fire" to make the internal combustion engine run...what does the diesel need? Fuel, air and???. I am curious what the ??? Is and where it comes from on this motor? It sure does seem like one of the cylinders is not firing.

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #8  
"what is the ??? and where it comes from on this motor? What does a diesel need?"

Unlimited air. There is no throttle or choke.

(Good) fuel injected in right quantity at the right time.

High compression to ignite the just-injected fuel by cylinder pressure alone.

That's it. There isn't anything like a gas engine's ignition system. A diesel literally doesn't need any electrics at all so long as you are willing to push-start it. (Or hand-crank a smaller one).

So if one cylinder is dead then maybe (uncompressible) oil or water got into a cylinder and its rings are shattered, or the head gasket leaks and won't hold compression. Or maybe a pushrod got bent. Simplest would be a crushed or leaking injector line. I can't think of any other crash damage that would kill a single cylinder.

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #9  
Hydrolock will bend a rod or bust a piston before it breaks a piston ring in my experience. The rule is "NEVER hit the starter button on an engine thats been turned upside down without first cracking the fuel injectors (diesel) or removing the spark plugs (gasser).

/ Rolled my EX3200 and need help #10  
This happened to my Satoh when it was a lot younger. Bent a connecting rod when they tried to start it. Don't know how long it was off the wheels. The next time it was rolled they got smarter and pulled the glow plugs or injectors before trying to start. It blew oil up on the side of the house. Five minutes seems like a short time for yours to get hydrolocked but you may have some internal injuries on your tractor. Please keep us posted on your progress. By the way I'm not familiar with your engine but if it has glow plugs there should be one close to each injector with a wire going to it. No need to pull them at this point. I'd recommend a compression test on each cylinder.