RCO or COLDWATER?

/ RCO or COLDWATER? #13  
Cold WATER TRACTORS is in Hoquiam Washington, They are owned by Ray and his Son Chris.They are tractor importers and loader manufactures.

I don't believe they are owned by anyone else as Ray & Chris love what they do and I can't imagine them joining or selling out to anyone else. They are pioneers in the business.

I have been there 100x in the past, its quite the place for Yanmar lovers !:thumbsup:

/ RCO or COLDWATER? #14  
Since you are here. Sell him a tractor Ernie:thumbsup:. He can stop looking:D

/ RCO or COLDWATER? #15  
Willy, I have been to Coldwater a couple of times, (only 30 miles away) and plan on buying my loader from them as soon as I scrape up the bucks. A lot of loader for the $ and looks very well made. The guy's seem to be straight shooters, and know the tractors.

/ RCO or COLDWATER? #17  
California, Tractor Co has filed for bankruptcy in the state of washington.

They were sued for over 200K

I think they were sued for badmouthing some chinese tractor on his website.

Just my opinion.......:cool:

/ RCO or COLDWATER? #19  
I would stay away from RCO just my .02 since you asked. ;)

From my experience what they say has been done and what has really been done can be 2 different things unless something has drastically changed my tractor was rebuilt in their shop or so they said btw.

For instance if you like I did end up just outside the warranty ( 1 yr 4 months with only 98 hrs needs head gasket already because they didn't check the level of the head out .007" and also didn't grind the valves or seats real high class shop there :)) and find out something needs repaired that they said was done or should have been expected to done by any competent mechanic in the process of a routine in frame overhaul dont expect a good will gesture to keep you as a customer or a good reference at that point they will hide behind that timeline btdt.

Frankly quite a few guys on here will back a business up that will do that so apparently buyer beware is common in the refurb tractor business so put plenty of hours on whatever you buy from whomever. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / RCO or COLDWATER? #20  
I bought a Yanmar from RCO and had no reservations. Yeah, some guy on TBN got a bad rebuild that failed after the one year warranty but that was years ago. At that time Yanmars were coming from rebuilds being done in Vietnam and some people got machines that were not rebuilt with quality replacement parts or even some processes were skipped. I researched it good, and looked over their facility and process and confirmed that process as best I could. I think those days are over for most places selling rebuilt Yanmars but you should be aware of what your getting into when you buy a 30 year old machine. The only reason there is a market is because they are a real quality build even in todays market, no one makes a simple reliable machine similar today. RCO now has their own representative on the ground in Japan where the machines pool for auction and pick their own machines. They are shipped to USA directly, no chance of a machine coming from Vietnam. The rebuilds happen here in USA, while that sounds good to me, it doesn't guarantee you will not have issues, after all it is a thirty year old tractor. The one I bought that had almost all of the major things I would consider a point of failure replaced with new, now that's not hard to check on some items they are right out in open to see, example I can see a new radiator in place, I can see new hoses, I can see new voltage regulator, I can see a new exhaust manifold, I can see new tires, and seat. While I can't check that the crank bearing were really replaced I believe they were. I made my own decision after looking, so unless your willing to do your own rebuild and you want a reliable Yanmar places like RCO is the game. Pay your money take your chances. Don't let one guy on TBN who can't get over it and wants something after warranty influence your buy, I think RCO is as good as anyone out there remanufacturing these Yanmars from Japan. During the two months I worked with RCO to buy the Yanmar I saw allot of tractors go off that lot, he sells.

HS