To sometimes think I overload my tractor....

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Sometimes I think I push my tractor too much with using heavy duty implements, Not so much after seeing this JD, I have nothing to do with the selling of this, Just posting the tractor picture, But of course if your interested please help your self:D

John Deere 318 Garden Tractor w/tiller & front end loader

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #2  
I know John Deeres are fine machines but I think he may be expecting a little to much of that little guy.:laughing:

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #3  
That's alot of loader on that little tractor. Probably can't lift full bucket

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #4  
YOIKS! That bucket is even more oversized than mine! :shocked: And what's with the huge crooked tiller? Are the PTO arms bent? :confused: I can see why he's selling it off. It can barely lift the implements, let alone work with them.

I kinda feel sorry for the poor little tractor.

Joe

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor....
after seeing this I had to further research this model JD to find out more of its capabilities? Perhaps I've underestimated this little guy, what I found out is this.
.......................................................................................................
A category 0 three-point hitch can be added to the rear of the 318. A 2,000 rpm rear PTO was an option, which could be added before delivery or later in the field. Three mowing decks were offered with the 318 at 38, 46 and 50 inches in cutting width. A 54 inch front blade fits the 318. The blade was originally available with either manual or hydraulic angle control. Two different snow blowers fit the 318, one is a two-stage that clears 47 inches and the other is a single-stage with a clearing width of 46 inches. The model 44 front end loader can be added to the model 318. Two different tillers, two rear-mounted mowing decks and a vacuum-powered grass and leaf collection system were introduced at the same time as the 318, all requiring the optional rear PTO and three-point hitch features
all power by an air cooled twin cyl 18 hp gas engine. pretty darn impressive ,
Although I do think the loader and tiller are too large for this tractor;)

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #6  
The 318 also weighs a scanty 836 lbs, has a 46" wheelbase, and only comes in 2WD. I can't imagine using the massive loader in the picture unless... By jove, I think I've got it! The oversized tiller is the only thing keeping the rear wheels on the ground! :confused2:

Joe

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #7  
I have its close cousin the JD400 with a loader.
Real easy to drive(my wifes favourite) and will lift a full bucket BUT very little traction at back with full load and I tried a 4' howard rototiller which it did run thru old hard clay but the poor thing felt like it was gonna self destruct. I can't imagine what a 5' would do to it.....:laughing:
Great compact tractor but with only two wheel drive its limited
which is why I bought my yanmar 1401D:thumbsup:

/ To sometimes think I overload my tractor.... #8  
I have one of those that I am restoring, just the tractor and the mower deck. Just wanted it to mow where I can't get the Yanmay next to.