YM336D Restoration thread - Part two

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #41  
yea thats right he sheared all the bolts off the axle housing on the inside so he had all those bolt heads in there!

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #42  
Wow...Thats a lot of stuff rolling around in there. That must have been a huge hit

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #43  
That looks pretty bad. Hope you can get new teeth in there with ease. I cant imagine getting them machined back to original will be easy at all. :confused2:

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #45  
Hello there, just wondering if you have started the gear change out yet? I have a similar problem with my gears in my 336D and I am trying to decided whether to live with it or tear it apart. My gears are slightly better off as only the third smallest gear is stripped. I also have the creeper gear set on this and am wondering how this bad gear impacts the creeper gears as it appears that because this gear is out I only have the 3rd and 4th range shift options. 1, 2, and Creeper seem to be out. Anyone able to better explain how the creeper gear interacts with the counter gears? Does anyone think that the 1 and 2 range shift gears might work with this one gear out? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0078-1.jpg
    IMG_0078-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 231
   / YM336D Restoration thread - Part two
Hello there, just wondering if you have started the gear change out yet?

Hi Matt,

No, I have been using it as is for the time being. I may go ahead and try to weld up the teeth where they are come spring time. As far as creeper gear goes, I'm not entirely sure how this model is laid out. Does yours have a creeper and 4 other gears? If so, I don't think mine has a creeper gear, even though there seems to be a lockout lever for 1st gear. So, essentially, I have a "creeper" (1st) gear and 3 other gears. On mine, 3rd and 4th work fine as well.

I've dug deep into this tractor in my restoration, but I'm not too confident in my skills when it comes to pulling the tranny apart. I guess we'll see come spring time if I succeed or fail in the welding. Until then, I'd love to see how you progress in pulling yours apart :thumbsup:

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #47  
Domush. Great to hear from you! Nice work on your project you have me inspired! I am new to this tractor also and you are probably right that the first gear range would be the same as a creeper. My manual shows only 12 gears for standard or creeper transmission with the creeper being very slow under 1mph. The counter gear also drives a gear on the side that is for the creeper but I don't understand how it works and whether having my third counter gear stripped will allow me to use it. It doesn't seem to work when I try it. It looks like the 3rd range first gear is pretty slow 2.5 mph and would work for many slower operations. Do you find that the case? I also have a front loader and this might be fast for that. I'm not sure I want to tackle tearing this apart either. I did find a guy that thinks he can repair it but still might have to split it. Thanks much. Matt

/ YM336D Restoration thread - Part two #48  
Domush--I just discovered this thread---duh-- and would like to complement you on the excellent job on a difficult project. Lots of skills were used and you really did a fine job. Making old stuff presentable and usable again is very rewarding and can even be profitable. Great job.