Broken Spindle/Axle YM2000

/ Broken Spindle/Axle YM2000 #1  

phatgemi

Silver Member
Well I have been a card carrying member of the broken spindle club before but then yesterday while mowing, the left front wheel went rolling and I suffered yet another broken spindle. This is the 3rd time and i have NOT had the loader on. I know it's a weak link but weak for sure on mine. Anyway, I ordered the heavy duty american made model spindle from Hoye and will see how that fares.

Attachments

• brokeaxle1.jpg
    brokeaxle1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 301
  • brokeaxle2.jpg
    brokeaxle2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 298
   / Broken Spindle/Axle YM2000
Well not sure what happened to the one reply. Anyway as an update, the new spindle arrived today and I put it all back together. The new spindle is heavier duty and included new bearings and seal. Hopefully this one will last longer.

/ Broken Spindle/Axle YM2000 #3  
I wondered about that other post too. I thought maybe I missed something.

Let us know if you run into any problems with it. We are ordering our second batch and are looking for any ideas to improve the design. So far we have not had any problems reported but any input will be appreciated.

/ Broken Spindle/Axle YM2000 #5  
I have broken two in two weeks. The new one from Hoye went two feet and when the wheel hit a small stump it snapped off. I went all of two feet!

In all fairness you did leave out a little information here that you posted on another message board. Even more information left out from the email you sent me. :)