Hydraulic pump - Capacity??

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
My YM240 (YM2000) has the optional adjustable-width front axle. I thought I read somewhere that this 7cc/rev hydraulic pump was also a step-up, to sell as a 'loader-ready' tractor. Anybody know?

This works fine for farm use if you aren't in a hurry. But I would want faster hydraulics if I used the tractor primarily as a loader.

Also: Is the hydraulic pump turned 1:1 with crankshaft speed? What is 7cc/rev, in gallons per minute?

I wonder how this system is designed - revving the engine doesn't seem to make the loader faster above moderate speed, maybe 1400 rpm.

P1650516rYM240HydPumpLabel.JPG

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #2  
Don't know if the pump is driven 1:1, if it is, 7cc per rev at 1800rpm would be 12600 cc or 3.33 US gpm or 2.77 IMP gpm. (140kg sq.cm is 2000 psi btw in case you weren't sure)
If the ratio is different, multiple accordingly, i.e. if it'd driven 2:1 it would be double etc.......Mike

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #3  
The 7cc is the standard pump. The upgrade was a 9cc pump.

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity??
if the pump is driven 1:1, ... 7cc per rev at 1800rpm would be 12600 cc or 3.33 US gpm
Thanks! That is the math I was looking for.

Presuming it runs 1:1 and they rate it at pto speed then 2200/1800 x 3.3 = 4.54 gpm, which I think is the spec for the standard pump.

And thanks Aaron. Do you sell the larger pump?

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #6  
My YM240 (YM2000)I wonder how this system is designed - revving the engine doesn't seem to make the loader faster above moderate speed, maybe 1400 rpm.

My loader will move a little faster with the engine revving . But, I'm usually above the 1400 mark. Going from 2000-2250. It would be great to have it move a little faster

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #7  
GPM is a function of engine speed, the more rpm's, the more GPM will flow. If it is not producing more flow at higher speed, then I would suspect a worn pump which is bypassing.

Using a larger pump will provide more GPM's. It will also take more HP to run it.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #8  
I have a Yanmar 186D ,should the hydraulic PSI should be around 1900 psi ? the factory releaf valve is set at 2062 psi .
thx
Don

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #9  
Just because it might be useful to people searching for similar things in the future, there is a wonderful project put together by Scotty Dive with fairly comprehensive data on the majority of Yanmar machines, including some with hydraulic pump info. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B85YoHWb2pqbWkVqOUdQZXZja2c/edit

There is also a little more info not yet put into his spreadsheet at post 4 here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/220495-original-brochures.html#post2522417

Anyone who has unlisted tractor models could look at their hydraulic pump late and share their rated engine speed, and we can update the chart with that information too.

/ Hydraulic pump - Capacity?? #10  
When not in use the fluid just circulates and is not pressured. When in use the pressure would run at whatever is required by the on hand task. Could be any range up to 2062psi.