Front Wheel Options 2210D

/ Front Wheel Options 2210D #1  

kzack

Tractor
2210D
I have rust / rot developing on one of the front wheels of my 2210D. I see that hoye has them for about $100. Where else could I find them for sale? What other options are there, like from other tractors or vehicles?

Thanks, Keith

/ Front Wheel Options 2210D #2  
If its still holds air a possibility would be to have the tire taken off and sand blast the wheel good inside and out and repaint it just a thought just all depends how it looks?

/ Front Wheel Options 2210D
The main problem is rot at the valve stem hole that creates sharp edges. I put a washer around the valve stem on the tube and that's working for now. I did think to have the tire taken off, but I'm afraid of just how bad the rim may be. I could have someone weld in material around the hole if the rest of the wheel isn't too bad.

Thanks, Keith

/ Front Wheel Options 2210D #4  
Yeah no way to tell unless its torn down but welding a washer in would work fine I think if the wheel is still decent. :thumbsup:

/ Front Wheel Options 2210D #5  
If the rest of the wheel is in good enough condition, weld up the old stem hole and drill a new hole in the wheel. Debur and smooth with emery cloth or fine sandpaper and be good to go.