Dry rotted tires

/ Dry rotted tires #1  

1401rider

Tractor
Yanmar 1401
Hello all,

I'm ready to replace the front tires of my 1401. Needless to say they are shot. I have looked around for 10" front tires and found not much to choose from besides the ribbed field tires for my tractor. I have found a few other tires, but they are rated at 375lbs each. Anyone have an opinion if these would be too week for my tractor. I have found the tractor specs showing the the tractor to be approx. 1080lbs. By the way, the tractor is a 2wd. Also I have considered getting 12 inch front wheel/trailer tires to replace my originals. Does anyone have any idea what bolt pattern I would need ?
I know this is the place to ask and appriciate any help on the matter.

/ Dry rotted tires
The tires that are on the front now are 4.5-10. Figures I would forget to add that to my own post lol. The tire I end up replacing those with can't be too wide or they wont clear the front axel frame.

/ Dry rotted tires #4  
The bolt pattern is metric,and there is probably some other Yanmar model that uses 12" that would fit? The only other option that I can think of,would be to get a set of 12x7" rims and tires from Hoye.On the home page,at the bottom of the left side,they have a list of what size tires fit what.

/ Dry rotted tires #5  
when i switched my 1602 to turfs, i went through jdparts and found the exact size i needed. so many deeres are built with yanmar insides that i was able to find many different choices of rims for my tractors.

/ Dry rotted tires
I will have to check out the jd parts list and see what they have. Its funny how I thought I could just find a 10 inch trailer tire to put on my 1401 and be finished with it. I think the 12" tires are easier to deal with. I'm still considering the ones I found, but still a little shy because of the 375 lb load ratings. I will have to look a bit more before I decide.

/ Dry rotted tires #7  
Are you looking for a lesser expensive tire than the AG tire? or are you simply looking at other choice options? there is a car tires size 165.70.10" that will fit size rim between 4.5-5.5 width and is under 20" tall, has a weight load of 783 lbs. although this tire is pricey @ 100+ each,
there is also a trailer tire size 205.65.10" that has a weight load of 1100 lbs. although tire width is 8" and I think would be too wide for the rim,
do you know the weight load of your existing tires ( AG ) tires? I think you'll find that they are only rated at or around 400 lbs, each...
so if you find an inexpensive lightweight trailer tire that has a rating of 375 lbs. if you were to use an inner tube this could give a little more weight capacity, ;)
do you have a FEL on the tractor?
There has been mentioned using a 12" wheel/tire .... I removed the pair from my tractor when I upgrade to a larger wheel/tire... I been holding onto them just in-case these larger wheels didn't pan out, although after now using them for a couple months all seems to be good, so I might be willing to sale the 12" wheel/tires although they are the ribbed AG tires and you might be trying to get away from these type:confused:

/ Dry rotted tires
deepNdirt I want to thank you for your reply. My tractor doesn't have a FEL on it. I really don't need heavy duty tires for the front. I just need reasonable priced replacements for the old ones. I did find some online that are 4.0-10 lug tires. A little narrower than mine are now but they should fit my rims. They are the ones rated at 375lbs each with 4 ply. I was skiddish because of the weight ratings. I had no idea the ones I have now " AG ribbed" would possibly be rated around 400. I'm not hard on the tractor and mainly use it to blade snow and I have a carryall for moving heavy items. I realize the more weight on the back equals a lighter front end. Perhaps im a little too cautious but I hate the idea of blowing a tire. As I said on my earlier post, I know this is the place to ask just about any question I would have.

/ Dry rotted tires
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if any other owners of the YM1401 or 1301 replaced their front tires and what did they replace them with ?

/ Dry rotted tires
Found tires on the internet and replaced the old ones today. Here's a pic of the old and the new. Old Tires.jpg

New Tires.jpg

Installed.jpg