The power of Yanmar

/ The power of Yanmar #1  

Calpyro

Silver Member
Tractor
2010D
I just wanted to gloat a bit my little Yanmar 2010D and share what these little compact tractors can do. Attached is a photo of my tractor sitting on top of my wife's horse arena.
To construct this arena I graded untold hundreds of yards of native soil, 850+ tons of 1" minus gravel, 250 tons of 3/8" minus gravel and 300 tons of sand. All done with a 24 hp tractor and box scraper.
While I might have done it a bit faster with a large construction tractor, my Yanmar plugged along for the whole project without giving me a bit of trouble.
I hope this project can lend a bit of encouragement to others wondering whether their little Yanmar can do big jobs.
Thanks,
Cameron

Attachments

• 247827-IMG_0667.JPG
    247827-IMG_0667.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 997
   / The power of Yanmar
Another view

Attachments

• 247829-IMG_0666.JPG
    247829-IMG_0666.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 691
   / The power of Yanmar
Yanmar at sunset

Attachments

• 247832-IMG_0664.JPG
    247832-IMG_0664.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 680
   / The power of Yanmar #5  
Nice job. I do know the power of yanmar and you surely did them justice by showing these sweet pics. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darin

/ The power of Yanmar
Thanks for the nice comments. I would like to see projects that others have done with their Yanmar's as well.
Cameron

/ The power of Yanmar #7  
I was looking at that fence. What is it made of? It looks too smoth to be wood. That tractor looks good as it sets back admiring its work also. Great Job.
Ralph

/ The power of Yanmar #8  
It looks like a pvc fence.
Most of the ones I've seen, use a sleave style hollow post ( sits over a 4x4 sunk in the ground..etc ) , and hollow rungs... Others have a post with a spade bottom that is driven in.

Soundguy

/ The power of Yanmar #9  
You sure got quality seat time on that project! I like to take the long way around on projects, too.

/ The power of Yanmar
Ralph,
It is a vinyl fence. It is a really easy project to do and makes a nice horse arena. I don't have to worry about the girls getting slivers from the fence boards if the horses ride them too close to the boards. I have seen the result of nasty slivers where it took four hours of surgery to remove all of them. The best parts is no painting!
Cameron