Yanmar 2310 advice

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Looking at buying a Yanmar 2310 from a local individual, he has had the tractor for several years, it cranks right, runs and looks pretty good, I kniow nothing about Yanmars, it is a 3 cyl diesel, he wants 3k for the tractor, a tuffline disc and howse bush hog, is this a good tractor and is this a good price. thanks for any advice

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #2  
Grab it. If you don't want it, it will go the day he advertises.

He's underpriced by at least $1,000 considering the implements.

The tractor itself is pretty much indestructible.

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #3  
This tractor from Fredricks sells for around 6K. With all the safety features & warranty. He is asking 1/2 price without warranty, safety equipment. Know the condition of the tractor & know where it's from. If you have read many of the post here. You know some buy tractors & they have no idea about the history of the tractor they are buying. Then, when it breaks they say yanmars aren't good tractors or they should not have bought a grey. Find out the Tractor's history and check it out real good B-4 you buy. Not after

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #4  
Hunter,
If its 4wd, its a good deal,:D if its 2wd, well that's a fair deal.:cool:
CHECK IT OUT FIRST, like everyone else says....
Try to take some pictures of it and the engine and post it for us to see if you want my further opinion.

/ Yanmar 2310 advice
Thanks for all the advice, going back today and seeif I can close this deal, I forgot to mention he is throwing in a 16' tandem axle tralier, I haven't checked it out that close, it was dark when I was there, the man seems honest, he said he used it mostly for preparing food plots and has quit hunting.

/ Yanmar 2310 advice
Went back today and made the deal, tractor looks good, cranks right up and doesn't smoke, owner sez has not been used in over a year, seat looks like may have to recovered or buy a new one, one back tire needs replacing before I can move, disk and bush hog look real good with little use, trailer looks to be in good shape, will have 3200 in with new tire, I think thats a good deal,

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #7  
You did good!

Before you replace that tire, see about putting a boot in the casing and save $$$$.

/ Yanmar 2310 advice
It is all to pieces,

/ Yanmar 2310 advice #10  
16' tandem trailer - $1000 value +/- used
Howse Bushhog - $300-$400 used
Tuffline Disc - $400-$500 used

So you have roughly $1200 in a ym2310, i'd say that was a steal of a deal. :thumbsup: