idiot light blinking

/ idiot light blinking #1  

ket1954

Tractor
yanmar 1802D
well since I am on here looking for other answers I just as well try to get all the answers:)

on my YM1802D I have light blinking, looks like a radiator with a sensor also, it is red when I start tractor, after tractor warms up it starts blinking till some times it goes out, My tractor does not over heat, water circulation seems to be OK in radiator. and its been like this for at least 3 yrs,

I think it is just a dirty of faulty sensor, I just don't know which one it would be. 1 in bottom of overflow or sensor on side of water pump,

/ idiot light blinking #2  
Sounds like your overflow bottle level sensor. Does your bottle have a good level?

/ idiot light blinking
yes the level is OK, I have seen sensors on other vehicles that you could pull them out, clean them off and reuse and they work fine, will check and see if this sensor can be done like that,
does it operate on level or heat?

/ idiot light blinking
so it should be able to be cleaned with something like scotch-brite pad

/ idiot light blinking #7  
Have you checked the wiring from sender to dash panel, could be loose.

/ idiot light blinking
poured water in a light went out,

I got new light on now. battery light is on, great just another day in the life of southern ohio hillbilly,

/ idiot light blinking #10  
Yet they insist on calling it an 'idiot light'.

That's because not everybody knows it all like you do.

He made progress on a problem and you feel the need to say something derogatory never ceases to amaze me how some people prop up their egos.