Parts for Gray Market Yanmar

/ Parts for Gray Market Yanmar #1  

gerlacr

Tractor
Yanmar 1500D
I had my first experience with the Yanmar gray market parts problem that people have been rumbling about. I provided Yanmar part numbers to my local tractor dealer for the upper and lower radiator hoses on my 1500D. They were a former Yanmar dealer and do carry some parts in stock. When they called Yanmar to place the order for the parts, Yanmar asked whether or not is was for a gray market model. When he could not come up with a US model number for the tractor, they refused to ship the parts.

/ Parts for Gray Market Yanmar #2  
Guess we all need to find what similar model has the same part and find the model number/ serial number of one to give. I have an FX28D which is close to a 336D. I've got the manuals, so now all I need is a serial number for a 336D and I'm all set.

/ Parts for Gray Market Yanmar #3  
Ron,

I can't help with the Yanmar specific stuff, but when the top radiator hose on my Kubota L210 went out, I took it to my local Napa store and they found a close enough match that I could trim and use for small bucks. They have so many to choose from, they can just use the old ones as a template to search their stock for similar twists and turns. Of course, it might be that my store has a friendlier staff, but they might even let you in the back to search.

I'm also getting an adjustable side arm from Southern Global at a good price, and they may well be a good place to try for this and other stuff.

Chuck

/ Parts for Gray Market Yanmar #4  
ron, on my yamar 2000, i just bought the hoses that were a close match and cut them to fit. worked great. al

/ Parts for Gray Market Yanmar #5  
Ron,
I dont think it is as bad as you might think. Your local dealer needs to be a little more creative in how they order parts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Your upper and lower hoses are available. List price $22.11- lower. $20.94- upper. (didn't say they were cheap). I agree with Chuck though. Take your hoses to a local parts store. For parts that cant be found locally, you can still get most through Yanmar.