Yanmar YM186 power steering question

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question #1  

mnoonan

I purchased a used "All in one power steering unit" with a YM186 tag. Could someone tell me what the GPM requirements are for this or any other Hydraulic information you may have. I am adding this power steering to a Case/Ingersoll 226 Garden Tractor and trying figure how to plumb this into the system and do I need to go with a larger pump, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Mike

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question #2  
If you purchased the whole unit, it should have a flow divider that sends the first 1.5 gpm to the p.s. cylinder and the rest to a bypass hose that goes up to the loader or back to the three point hitch.

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question
The "all in one power steering unit" I have is in the attached picture. The original pump on the Case/Ingersoll is a Parker D27X08 and puts out about 8-10 GPM @ 3600rpm. I will not be using any other hydraulics other than for power steering and the travel motor. I have been thinking about replacing the original pump with a Parker H31 or H39 with a secondary port dedicated to the power steering. By the way this will be a modified garden tractor powered by a 1949 Ford flathead V8 but to be used like a golf cart.
PC070363 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
What is the pressure req'd. to the power steering i/e the relief valve setting in the diverter valve.

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question #6  
What is the pressure req'd. to the power steering i/e the relief valve setting in the diverter valve.

The 1200psi is the relief valve setting + or - 100psi. Manual states that is preset from the factory. Sorry I didn't include that from the start.

Thanks winston1

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question #8  
mnoonan, where did you buy that and did they have another one? How much?

JCByrd24, I purchased the used power steering unit from Jim's ATV Salvage in Porterfield, WI. His phone # is 715-789-2906. I paid $30.00 for it. I don't know if the have any more.

/ Yanmar YM186 power steering question #10  
That is a great deal! If you do not end up using this let me know, I will gladly buy it off of you (unless Jim's ATV has another one)