Backhoes for Yanmar

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #1  

Scotty Dive

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2020D
Just wanted to start a thread with info I have collected to make sure its accurate and see if we can add to it.

Seems someone (including me) is always looking for a BH for their Yanmar. I have the following models that have worked on the various Yanmars. Please chime if the info is incomplete or wrong.

Woods BH 750
Kubota K650 - Same as Yanmar YBH600
Yanmar YBH 765
Koyker KB-60
Yanmar YBH 665
Kubota B670
Woods BH 700 - was on a 240D

Anyone have others that fit? I am wondering if the Deere 1980's Series 7 BH's would be sized right.
Maybe members can add some spec's to any of the above if they happen to have one?

Last edited:
   / Backhoes for Yanmar #3  
Hey Pete......I have seen the Coldwater backhoe on other tractors.....not a bad unit for the price. Would our 186D units adequately handle a backhoe? Coldwater told me no problem.....the guys at Hoye say the 186D is too small. Anybody else had any experience with this size tractor with a backhoe? Thoughts???

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #4  
Jerry, I think that the 186D is a little small for the units I saw there. I am not sure that the frame will hold up to the extra loading. I saw the units there, but don't quite know how they mount to the tractor.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #5  
This thread is a good place to accumulate what each of us has found about backhoes on Yanmars.

I have learned that the Kubota K650 hoe I have is the same thing as Yanmar's YBH600 hoe sold by Yanmar dealers at the same time. (late 70's into 80's). They were built by a US manufacturer, name unknown.

Here are some YBH600 photos I copied from Ebay auctions and haven't posted here before. And here's an Ebay photo of a YBH600 painted Yanmar green.

I don't know anything beyond what we see in these photos.

YBH600-1.jpg

YBH600-2.jpg

YBH600-3.jpg

YBH600-4.jpg

YBH600-5.jpg

YBH600-BackhoeDealerBrochure.jpg

YBH600-BackhoeDealerPriceList.jpg

That last Ebay picture shows specifications of the Yanmar YBH600 hoe: weight of the hoe, fluid pressure, pump gpm etc.

More photos of my K650 backhoe.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#5 and 6 show the five gallon reservoir beneath the seat. #7 shows the special hd top link, and the torque-restrainer chain for the pump. I think the manual specifies a torque bar coming up and hitting the top link for this function; same thing.

In my opinion: the YBH600 (and Kubota K650) are for 20 hp and up tractors and could damage anything smaller.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #6  
Some more Ebay photos of manuals for various size Yanmar backhoes around the same time as YM240, YM336 etc.

The seller for the YBH700 manual said its publish date was 9-78.

Again, I know nothing more than what we see here.

Yanmar YBH-650backhoeManualFor135D.JPG

YBH-650-656 Manual.jpg

YBH-700 Manual(9-78).jpg

YBH-760 Manual.jpg

YBH-800 Manual(9-80).jpg

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #7  
I have a Woods 750 on my Yanmar 336d that works well, I have the sub frame mount for it.

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #8  
Yea Pete....that's what I was thinking as well. The Coldwater backhoes are three point mounts....not frame. I think it might be pretty tough on our little 186D's. Hope all is well!

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #9  
I have on backhoes on ym1110 and ym1300 small tractor and kubota b6000 b7100.are backhoe is 600lb

/ Backhoes for Yanmar #10  
Coldwater, how do the backhoes mount to the 1110, B6000, and 1300? What are the dimensions? Do you have concerns about the tractor's durability with a backhoe and/or loader?