YSS Series Snow Throwers?

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #1  

YannyMan

Silver Member
Tractor
(3) YM146's, 1 GT14
Anyone have a YSS 48 or YSS 60 out there?

I was going through some of my snow blower literature for another member and stumbled across a two sheet ad for these (black and white copy of the ad). They were heavy duty snow throwers in either 48" or 60" widths. They could be mounted on either the front or rear (Cat 1 hitch) of any Yanmar with said hitch. They also had some sort of hydraulic piston on the front it looks like to adjust the width of the cut?

They're obviously for bigger tractors than mine. Just wondering if anyone out there has/had one or if maybe Gary or Ernie or some of the other dealers had ever sold one?

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #2  
We have a golf course here that has one front mounted. I supplied a bunch of parts for it quite a few years ago. I can't remember what it was on.It drove off of the rear pto.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers?
I saw an ad on CL for a Yanny for sale in Maine that has one on it as well. Easliy recognizeable by the red body with the white chute.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #4  
I've got a 48" and a 60". Both are front mounted. The 48" is a mid-PTO belt drive and the 60" is a rear PTO drive via a driveline to the front of the tractor.

Any pics? Interested in the drive setup as well as the blowers themselves.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #6  
Ill try to post some this afternoon. Buried at work right now.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #7  
Here's a few pictures of the front mount YSS-60 with the 2733 PTO drive. These units were built by Schulte in Canada.

Attachments

• YSS-60 - small.JPG
    YSS-60 - small.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 436
  • YSS-60 - small (2).JPG
    YSS-60 - small (2).JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 400
  • YSS-60 - small (3).JPG
    YSS-60 - small (3).JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 380
Wow! That is a massive blower!

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #9  
Yeah, she's a big sucker. LOL!

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #10  
What does that double-ended cylinder do? I'm exceedingly ignorant about snow equipment.