Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

Default Curl Bucket Cylinder over extended on VTEK?

I was digging with my FEL with toothbar and the tractor lurched backwards and over exteneded the curl buckets and with a loud bang I lost power to the curl. The loader lifts and I can manually curl the bucket. So..what damage did I do, seems like I did it to both cylnders and do I replace or rebuild?

If its a replacement - has anyone installed larger (meaning stronger) curl cylinders on the vTeks V2 loader

<
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive
    Yanmar YM2020D "Git er Done Too"
    Pictures! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=dfc00199.pbw
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

Tractor
    John Deere 5403, International Harvester 584

Default Re: Curl Bucket Cylinder over extended on VTEK?

I did the same with my Mistsubishi MT4201D and VTEKS loader. It is cheaper to replace the cylinders. And, I could not locate replacement cylinders locally - TSC, Northern Tool, and a couple of online sites even. I finally called Josef Tractor Co down in Texas, gave them the model number of the loader and they sent two replacement cylinders right away. I do not have the contact info. But, do a goodle search for Josef Tractor Co on the internet and you should be able to find them.

Hawk
    A lil bit country, and a whole lotta soul, wid a taste of hip hop flava on the side.

JD 5403, , IH 584, NH 846 Baler, NH 492 Haybine, Woods E320 Batwing Rotary Cutter, Landpride RCR1572 Rotary Cutter, WR Long 72" OBRG, LandPride RB3596 Landscape Blade, '74 Diamond Reo Dump Truck; '70 F880, '94 Freightliner Classic, KNC 10 tooth Chisel Plow, New Holland Manure Spreader, 35' Texas Bragg Flatbed Gooseneck, Case 450 Track Loader, H-90CM Wheel Loader, '69 Kaiser Jeep M52A2 6x6

Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

I think I remember they are odd ball size. Will check with Jose and VN1 tractor on Monday.

So...you over extended the cylinders and lost all power to them?
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Just putting something out there to think about. Not a hydraulic expert by no means. I wonder if it could be the control valve instead of the cylinders? You might try swapping lines on your control valve if you think that could be a possibility.

Tractor

I busted the innards and pulled the rods clean out of the cylinders. I was using my 4-n-1 bucket, with toothbar, to level some land that I had recently cleared. I made the mistake of going forward and had the bucket rolled to far forward and it caught on a large root. I had made a couple of passes forward already getting up small surface roots. So, I thought I was good. I heard a loud pop and that was all she wrote!!

And, now that you mention it, it was VN1 tractor, not Josef, that I got the cylinders from. I was able to do everything either online or over the phone. They had the parts in stock and the cylinders reached me in North Carolina rather quickly.

I caught the dickens trying to match cylinders to fit the VTEK loaders on my yanmars and mitsibishi. There was a local hydraulic shop there in fayetteville I used for cylinder repair (I was rough on cylinders with my first few tractors). I found it to be easier to buy the cylinders from VN1 than it was to try to match a cylinder from one of the stores.

Hawk
    Last edited by SLHawkins; 02-05-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
    A lil bit country, and a whole lotta soul, wid a taste of hip hop flava on the side.

JD 5403, , IH 584, NH 846 Baler, NH 492 Haybine, Woods E320 Batwing Rotary Cutter, Landpride RCR1572 Rotary Cutter, WR Long 72" OBRG, LandPride RB3596 Landscape Blade, '74 Diamond Reo Dump Truck; '70 F880, '94 Freightliner Classic, KNC 10 tooth Chisel Plow, New Holland Manure Spreader, 35' Texas Bragg Flatbed Gooseneck, Case 450 Track Loader, H-90CM Wheel Loader, '69 Kaiser Jeep M52A2 6x6

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    Just putting something out there to think about. Not a hydraulic expert by no means. I wonder if it could be the control valve instead of the cylinders? You might try swapping lines on your control valve if you think that could be a possibility.
    Been there, done that - It is definitely not the control valve If it was just hydraulic pressure, the lines will more than likely burst before the cylinders do.

The tractor lurching forward and loud pop is the key - They might be able to be rebuilt. But, it'll as cost as much as, or more than, new cylinders.

Hawk

Tractor

Scotty Dive,
    By the way, what size bicket do you have on your 2020? I still have the original bucket from my MT4201D. I can't use it on my John Deere and it is still in great shape. I think it is 62" or something like that. The loader was an A3 however. If frame width of the V2 and A3 loaders are the same, you are more than welcome to pick it up, or pay the shipping.

Hawk

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Since it isnt leaking oil, I would say that you broke the cylinder rods off the piston where they are connected. You might be able to take them apart and weld the rod back on if you have the skills or just replace the rod and piston if you can find the parts.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

It's the dummy back again. Just a question, not a fact. If one cylinder went bad, wouldn't that relieve pressure from the other cylinder? Probably both bad but just asking if one cylinder was bad could the other still be okay.

Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

Quote Originally Posted by winston1 View Post
    Winston - I am open to all ideas, but I had my hand on the valve controller and ,.....just guessing here...I would think that I would have "felt" something break it in the handle?

Also - I am interested in your thought if one cylinder went bad and bypassing fluid - So this morning I disconnected the top cylinder mount on both curl cylinders. One of them I could pull upwards with out feeling any pressure - the other when I pulled upwards on it - it had resistance to it.

I am thinking maybe that one failed and is bypassing? Thoughts?
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast