Where's the hydraulics filter screen?

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #11  
Re: Where\'s the hydraulics filter screen?

Thanks Dave,
Didn't have it long enough to see that before it sold. I see earlier someone mentioned putting in ATF. Was that a misprint? Do the newer F series use ATF rather than Trans/hyd fluid?
Nick

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #12  

My FX28D uses JD303 hydraulic fluid.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #13  

JD303 is supposed to be used in the 00, 01 and 10 series, and JD20A in the 02, 20 and F-series (anything with wet brakes). Interestingly, most universal hy-trans fluid meets both specs and either seems to work OK. I've never used ATF, but I have had some tractors that came in with it and they seemed fine. Perhaps Ernie can comment.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #14  

I agree with Dave. All the Yanmars I have sold ( 1100, 1300, 1401, 1510, 1602, 1702, etc.) have a screen on the hydraulic suction line in the trans, even if they have an external spin-on filter. Attached is a diagram in the YM220 book (1602, 1702 equiv.). Look at part #39 (described as 'oil strainer' in parts book)
Jim
Jim's Tractors
Pearblossom, CA

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #15  

Has anyone else noticed a whining noise when you replace the red fliud with the universal when the weather is cool? Some of the tractors I have changed whine until warm in cooler weather that didn't before I changed the fluid. In warm to hot weather you don't hear anything different. Could this damage anything?

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #16  

We had a batch of universal fluid that was too thick, more like 30wt. I don't know what the deal was, but we returned the full buckets and replaced it with another brand. It acted as you have described, but was just fine with the less viscous fluid.