Where's the hydraulics filter screen?

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #1  

ajsmolik

Tractor
Yanmar FX24D
Where\'s the hydraulics filter screen?

Could somebody tell me where the filter screen is on my YMFX24D? The manual sent with the tractor is for a 336/336D (and is supposed to be close enough) - might as well be for a Volkswagen. I'd like to solve my hydraulics problem once and for all.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #2  
Re: Where\'s the hydraulics filter screen?

I,m looking for a manual for a fx26d, and Ive been told that a 336d is as close as one can get to it, but it doesn't seem that its helping you too much. If you run across where you can get one please post it here, and I'll do likewise. I know that the hydro screen on a 1510d is on the left side under the seat, but dont know on the fx series-thanks Jeff

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #3  

Guys,
I think the parts manual would be much more useful than what you have. While manuals are not available in english, the parts manuals at least have diagrams. The dealer you got the tractor from should have a parts manual. I don't know if the F and FX tractors have screens, but I do know that they have hydraulic filters. Have you changed the filter?

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #4  

I looked in my FX24D parts manaual and did not find a screen on the side of the xmission. There is a tubelike screen internal to the xmission. I couldn't find anything in the 336 manual either. Ernie, Buck any help???

Don

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #5  

"There is a tubelike screen internal to the xmission."
That would be the one.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #6  

There should be a hydraulic filter under the left floor board. A NAPA 1229 should fit. There is another longer filter but I have to dig to find the number.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #7  

The FX 24-D has a filter screen under the floorboard right behind the clutch pedal.

As for the filter screen, follow the return line from the hyd. pump you cant miss it.

replace the spin on filter & clean the screen, fill with ATF. fluid & you are ready to roll ! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ern. <><

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen?

Many Thanks - found the screen (this one's long, tube-like) opposite the spin-on filter. As suspected, it was loaded with sludge - we'll see if that solves the jerking, but I'm optomistic that's it.

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #9  

The F24 I just sold had a spin on filter just under the left side of the floorboard. No screen to wash. SPin the filter off, replace and refill the tranny.
Nick

/ Where's the hydraulics filter screen? #10  

Nick, there should be a screen as well.