JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent?

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #1  

Scotty Dive

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2020D
I just picked up a 950 and think there is a brake and hydraulic leak issue. Any chance this tractor has the same set up as one of our Yanmars?

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #2  
The YM2500 should be. It's basicly the same setup and differences as the Ym2000 and the US JD.Ym240 That is what was told to us by a Fredricks Supplied UTDA dealer when we bought it.

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #3  
Getting rid of the 2020, or you just got a deal on this one? Going to fix it and keep it, or sell it, or sell the yanmar? Just curious, its not like im anywhere close to buy either and im not in the market anyway?

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #4  
Ym2000 and the US JD.Ym240

Uh ...

YM240 was unrelated to JD. It's from the era when Yanmar had their own tractor operation here in the years before the Deere contract.

Deere's Yanmars started with JD 750, 850, 950 etc and I think only the smallest was two cylinder. I thought JD850/YM2500 were the only near identical models.

Scotty I expect your brakes and hydraulics are generic Yanmar parts used across many Yanmar models.

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #5  
The JD 850 is close to the Yanmar 2500, the JD 950 is close to the Yanmar 3000. They all use slightly different engines and gear cases, clutch setup is different as well. Clutch on a JD 950 is a live clutch, where the YM is just a single disc. Engine in a YM 3000 is a 3T84 where the engine in a JD 950 is a 3T90J. Deere has just a little more power to the ground. Interchange between YM 3000 and JD 950 is about 70%. I have had both tractors for quite awhile. Be carefull when trying to interchange parts, Hoye can help you with this one. Buying parts over the years for both I've noticed that the JD parts run almost twice as much most of the time. Also they aren't supporting them as well for parts like they used to do. I try to use Yanmar parts when ever I can on both due to cost. None of the John Deere tractors are 100% exact for any Yanmar model. I'll know a little more about this as I go into the JD gear case next week to work on 3rd gear.
Chris

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #6  
Chris, thanks for the specifics! I had never seen that information before.

I see the site highlighted and linked 'Deere' for you. They did that to my post above too (so I changed it to 'JD'), and they probably will in this one.

I think we've been commoditised, or trolled or something, whatever the marketers call it when potential customers are herded to them whether they wanted to or not. :D

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #7  
So yall did not put those Links in the text? I though you did that and somehow changed the www.blabhblah.whatever to the link where is just said "John deere".

I still dont know how to do that like you always do. I mean California when you say " see my orchard HERE" and "here" is the link to your tread with pics of it.

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #8  
Uh ...

YM240 was unrelated to JD. It's from the era when Yanmar had their own tractor operation here in the years before the Deere contract.

Deere's Yanmars started with JD 750, 850, 950 etc and I think only the smallest was two cylinder. I thought JD850/YM2500 were the only near identical models.

Scotty I expect your brakes and hydraulics are generic Yanmar parts used across many Yanmar models.

I believe this is what I was remembered seeing. Near the end of the JD US240 era.

http://s93445617.onlinehome.us/pix/ym240/ym240brochure/index.html

/ JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #9  
To insert a photo in your text: Use the yellow 'picture' icon in the msg reply screen.

Bring up the photo you intend to link, in one window. Highlight and copy (CTRL-C) its URL shown in the browser heading field.

Then go back to the reply you are drafting, put the cursor where you want the picture, click the yellow icon, and insert (CTRL-V) that URL into the box.

Or: To simply highlight text and make it a link: Same as above except highlight your text then click the 'earth-over-chain' icon and insert your URL into that box. The URL you bring in can be that of a photo, or the URL over a thread, or the URL of an unrelated website.

Last edited:
   / JD 950 - is there a Yanmar Equivalent? #10