update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers?

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #1  

Ginormous

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210
Hello all,

Please put up your latest recommendations on reputable sellers (dealers) of gray market Yanmar tractors? I'm in Ohio, and the only dealer that we used to have (LMTC) only sells parts now.

Cheers!

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #2  
I bought my YM-2210D FROM RCO Tractors in Austin, TX. Great folks to deal with. Good price delivered to Colorado. Have had the machine for 1 and 3/4 years with no problems at all. I recommend them highly.

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers?
I bought my YM-2210D FROM RCO Tractors in Austin, TX. Great folks to deal with. Good price delivered to Colorado. Have had the machine for 1 and 3/4 years with no problems at all. I recommend them highly.

I just received a message from RCO. They said:

"We have stopped buying the used tractors in Japan after the earthquake and flooding. Prices have gotten to high coupled with the exchange rate."

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #4  
I just received a message from RCO. They said:

"We have stopped buying the used tractors in Japan after the earthquake and flooding. Prices have gotten to high coupled with the exchange rate."

That's not the first time I've heard that; most recently was from Ernie up in Red Bluff. I wonder if anyone is buying those machines at the higher cost, or if they will end up lowering the prices to a more manageable level.

I remember reading this quote from Buck awhile ago:
It is in our nature as Americans to assume we are always the biggest. For the exporters, the US market is small. Eastern Europe, Turkey, Portugal, Spain, Italy, N Africa, S America are huge markets. I have friends in both Portugal and Italy that buy 8 to 10 containers a week (140 to 180 tractors) and that is for their own stores, they are not brokers. There used to be a buyer from Iran that would buy 700 tractors at a time and during certain times of the year he was buying twice a month. Not only would he buy huge amounts of tractors he would buy tractors in any condition unlike American buyers who can be difficult and always demand the higher quality units. He would look at the yard and say "I will take everything from here to there, now lets go eat". The Japanese love that!

Buck

I wonder if those places are still purchasing that volume now. The Euro is not stronger against the yen than it was several years ago. I'm sure that the southeast Asian nations who are still in the developing stages of mechanizing farms would be interested, but fuel prices seem prohibitively high for farmers still using draft animals.

What does it cost, roughly, per unit for these imported tractors? Without cheap used machines, I don't see mechanization of agriculture without vast sums of capital injected into programs. I have read articles (Others: 1, 2, 3) about China donating equipment to other countries; how are the Chinese export machines priced compared to the used Japanese versions? Does anybody know?

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #5  
I am thankful I got into the grey market when I did, and got out when I did. I am also very happy I got to keep the best tractor of all I sold. I really miss it though. I met some very nice people buying and selling them.

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #6  
That's not the first time I've heard that; most recently was from Ernie up in Red Bluff. I wonder if anyone is buying those machines at the higher cost, or if they will end up lowering the prices to a more manageable level.

I remember reading this quote from Buck awhile ago:

I wonder if those places are still purchasing that volume now. The Euro is not stronger against the yen than it was several years ago. I'm sure that the southeast Asian nations who are still in the developing stages of mechanizing farms would be interested, but fuel prices seem prohibitively high for farmers still using draft animals.

What does it cost, roughly, per unit for these imported tractors? Without cheap used machines, I don't see mechanization of agriculture without vast sums of capital injected into programs. I have read articles (Others: 1, 2, 3) about China donating equipment to other countries; how are the Chinese export machines priced compared to the used Japanese versions? Does anybody know?

Im thinking most of the american buyers have about $2000-3000 in the "decent" shape machines then they have to change oil and seats and belts and maybe an alt or something small.

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers?
Tullahoma Tractors in TN appears to still be selling Yanmars, based on their website.

There's also a place called "Best Used Tractors" that is still selling Yanmars. They just sent me a quote. They are based in Oregon, but ship tractors from AL.

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #8  
The tractors from Alabama come froim Fredericks which is the largest Yanmar importer/reconditioner.

There is still an honest straight up guy that is selling around Atlanta. Steve with Spalding tractors. His price is the same as the VN guys price and he has a 1 yr parts and labor warrenty. Least a yr or so ago he was the same price or so. Steve also sells tractors from Frederics, and i beleive he will ship to where ever you want it. of course east coast is all that would make sense and really no more than 10 hours away in my opinion, over that and it dont make much sense financially.

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #9  
The tractors from Alabama come froim Fredericks which is the largest Yanmar importer/reconditioner.

Not sure how much longer he ( Fredricks) will stay in. with everyone else abandoning ship He might also. That maybe the reason he opened a large Mahindra dealership

/ update on reputable gray market Yanmar dealers? #10  
reply I got back from fredricks after sending an e mail asking if they were going to get out of the business

Absolutely not. Yanmar has been a real asset to our business for many years and we hope it will continue to be for many years to come.