double dipper dilemma

/ double dipper dilemma #11  
Experience tells me that the hydraulic and front axle dipsticks have a shorter crosshatched area, compared to the crankcase dipstick.

/ double dipper dilemma #12  
I was just out back and mine look pretty much identical on my 2000. The shorter one Oil. The Long one Hyd. The length of the dip stick that is. The opposite for the Cross Marks. The Long Marks Oil. The Short Hyd.

Last edited:
   / double dipper dilemma #13  
I think it is the same. I posted this picture to show a temporary oil gauge I installed to verify that my sender needed replacement. But the picture also shows the all-metal threaded dipstick. (YM240/YM2000).

144606d1257399170-low-oil-pressure-no-bad-p1550937roilgauge.jpg

My oil one is just like yours. Like i said the engine oil is all metal, i think i said this in a previous post. Like Ken my trans dipstick is plastic if i remember right.

/ double dipper dilemma #14  
Here another thing that puzzles me about the -A on my 2TR20A-A Eng. on a Red YM2000 after seeing the Oil on the cap of Cali. pic. which is the 2TR20A US. YM240. Why would they put both on my caps English and Japanese. Yotang224 :D :laughing:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    766.3 KB · Views: 151
   / double dipper dilemma #15  
Here another thing that puzzles me about the -A on my 2TR20A-A Eng. on a Red YM2000 after seeing the Oil on the cap of Cali. pic. which is the 2TR20A US. YM240. Why would they put both on my caps English and Japanese. Yotang224 :D :laughing:

I got the Ym2000 and my cap looks exactly like California's. I bet he has Japanese on the far side of the cap, maybe not. BUT anyway my cap on both the Hydro and engine oil says oil in english and Japanese.

/ double dipper dilemma #16  
Not sure if the ones from my 1700 are original, but are what came with it when I purchased the tractor, Seems to be slight different then the other ones shown, the 2 dipsticks are almost equal in length,
The hydraulic stick is plastic and measures from the O-ring to the tip 7 7/8
The Engine stick has a larger metal cap and measures from the O-ring to the tip 7 3/4
each have 710 as well as the Japanese writing ( OIL ) on them,:D

/ double dipper dilemma #17  
I forgot to mention that there is a noticable size difference in the caps. Same as yours DND. But didn't notice there was much of a difference in Ginormus pics. at the start of this thread. The Oil has been changed no doubt looking at the cap but is the same Length wise. And on the English that tells me they were planning on exporting alot of 1700/2000 models to the US. or No doubt English speaking countries. Still CRS. but I believe I know why they wasn't shipped to the US. LOL.

/ double dipper dilemma
I forgot to mention that there is a noticable size difference in the caps. Same as yours DND. But didn't notice there was much of a difference in Ginormus pics. at the start of this thread. The Oil has been changed no doubt looking at the cap but is the same Length wise. And on the English that tells me they were planning on exporting alot of 1700/2000 models to the US. or No doubt English speaking countries. Still CRS. but I believe I know why they wasn't shipped to the US. LOL.

They produced lots of engines; some for Japan, some for the US. It was probably an economy of scale to produce a zillion "oil" caps/dipsticks that could be used in any of their engines, whether for the US or Japan. It's cheaper than producing a special cap for each engine and/or destination.

/ double dipper dilemma #19  
They produced lots of engines; some for Japan, some for the US. It was probably an economy of scale to produce a zillion "oil" caps/dipsticks that could be used in any of their engines, whether for the US or Japan.

And on the English that tells me they were planning on exporting alot of 1700/2000 models to the US. or No doubt English speaking countries. Still CRS. but I believe I know why they wasn't shipped to the US. LOL.

Weird but on your Oil Dip Sticks there's not a noticable difference in the size of the Caps ? My Hyd. will just about fall into the Oil hole and would be kind of hard not to tell which is which. Is that one of the Notorious Ohio VN Tractorsteins we have heard so much about ? If so that would explain it. Lived 10 yrs. in Hamilton County for me.

/ double dipper dilemma #20  
I'm thinking if either of the 2 are the incorrect ones for the engine you may not been using the right amount of oil all this time,:cool: especially if using the shorter of the 2, will have you over filling the crankcase, and could explain why or if you might been seeing oil blowing out the vent tube,