Yanmar F18

/ Yanmar F18 #1  

professor

Gold Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 416S John Deere LX280, John Deere Z225 zero turn yanmar 1401 , Oliver 550 Special, Oliver 75 Lawn Tractor, New Holland 3930 4WD, Mitsubishi BDF2 Dozer
I have owned a YM 1401 for 11 years with excellent service. I have gotten parts from Hoye without any problem. I am thinking about up grading to a F18 and am concerned about parts availability. I will appreciate any input.

/ Yanmar F18 #2  
Just looking over Hoyes parts list on their web sight it would seem they stock a pretty good supply of parts for the f18. Why don't you just give them a call, tell them your concern, ask them how the parts situation would compare with your 1401.

/ Yanmar F18 #3  
When i was looking at purchasing a Yanmar last year i had the choice between a 1510D and F18D, i asked Hoye the parts situation, here is the response, this was last year though.

"The 1510D is a very good tractor and parts are readily available. The F18 is still a pretty good tractor but there are a lot of major parts that we can not get and they are not built quite as well as the YM series. All of that stuff that they add to the F series is not free - they have to cut back somewhere to keep it in the same price range.

The F18 is MUCH easier to get on and off of though. The F series are also much more complicated so if you plan on working on it yourself I would recommend the Ym series.

I always recommend that, if you need the tractor to make a living or can not afford it to be down while waiting for parts for over a week then I would stay away from the F series tractors. "

I went for the F18D in the end and am very happy with it.