3-Point Hitch PHD on YM1810D

/ PHD on YM1810D #1  

stoatspur

Tractor
Yanmar YM1810D, MF135 gas
I recently acquired a YM1810D from Fredericks (thru Best Used Tractors) in Alabama. Seems to be a great little machine. A PHD I used on my old Kubota L185DT doesn't seem to fit the Yanmar. On the Kubota, the PHD auger could be raised at least 12" off the ground. With the Yanmar lift all the way up, the auger likes about 2" getting off the ground. I'm considering reworking the lift arms by drilling new holes for the side links closer to the pivot points to gain additional lifting height. I've already had to re-drill the lift arms to accommodate the stay chains that came on the tractor. Comments please.

/ PHD on YM1810D #2  
You may be able to add another 1 of these
ASL-750.jpg
to get the xtra height screw it in or out to raise & lower the lift arms. I have 2 on my tractor. 1on each side. It allows me to be able to tilt my box scraper from side to side

/ PHD on YM1810D #3  
I used a Speeco PHD from TSC on my YM1700. The tip just drug the ground, but worked for me. I now use it on my NH TC18 and same thing.

/ PHD on YM1810D
Winston
I hadn't thought about modifying the boom pole, but that would sure as **** be easier than reworking the lift arms. I'll check it out in the morning. I'm already using the existing hole that gives the most lift, but that's easy to fix.Thanks for the idea.

Kenmac
I have side links on mine. An adjustable one on the right like your picture and a fixed length on the left, just like most set-ups. I don't see how an additional adjustable link would help. Explain?

/ PHD on YM1810D
Kenmac
Duh! It just dawned on me what a good idea it would be to have adjustable links on both sides. That would make hook ups a lot easier. Thanks.

/ PHD on YM1810D #7  
If the tractor-end bracket for your top link has two holes then attaching the top link pin in the lower hole might tip the PHD up steeper when you lift it.

/ PHD on YM1810D #8  
Kenmac
Duh! It just dawned on me what a good idea it would be to have adjustable links on both sides. That would make hook ups a lot easier. Thanks.

Adjusting them all the way up just might give you the 2 '' you need to get the phd off the ground

/ PHD on YM1810D
OK. Thanks for all the ideas. The attached pictures show the fix. Drilled a 3/4" hole about 4" forward of the existing mounting point and relocated the hitch yoke. This raised the point of the auger plenty. The plastic tie strap worked as a square to assure the 3/4" hole aligned side to side. See the black line.

Attachments

• IMGP0030.JPG
    IMGP0030.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 176
  • IMGP0033.JPG
    IMGP0033.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 178
  • IMGP0034.JPG
    IMGP0034.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 429
   / PHD on YM1810D #10  
The zip-tie square is clever. Nice job, I'm glad you fixed it.