New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #11  
The loader is ok I like it other than my curl problem. :thumbsup:

What I have issue with is how I was treated by their tech dept when I had a problem with my curl is my reason to never buy Koyker again.

You'll like the new quick connect. The curl problem isn't not a hard fix. I agree, Their tech support needs a little customer service training:thumbsup:

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way
You'll like the new quick connect. The curl problem isn't not a hard fix. I agree, Their tech support needs a little customer service training:thumbsup:

Thanks! I sure am looking forward to having forks I can actually lift stuff with.

It dawned on me yesterday I will be able to move pallets of wood heating pellets into the house garage now instead of 1 sack at a time and stacking them in there off the trailer yahoo our backs will appreciate that. :thumbsup:

I am thinking its time to put new tires on the front also my OE tires have seen their better days tread is still pretty good but they have cuts here and there since I will be pushing the limits now.

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #13  
I am thinking its time to put new tires on the front
Eh, like Soundguy says, do like a farmer and run em till you can see some plies. :D That point is probably years away.

But its not a bad idea to line up a source for the tires.

Eh, like Soundguy says, do like a farmer and run em till you can see some plies. :D That point is probably years away.

But its not a bad idea to line up a source for the tires.

Yeah if it wasn't 4wd or I wasn't already having an issue with sizing thats is definitely what I would do.

I ordered them already pretty pricey but the tires were mismatched anyway and wanted to bind up on hard dirt in 4wd. They had put 14.9x24 on back (not OE size), I will now have 8x16 on front and matched Titan R-1 Hi-Traction lugs all around now.

They will be here Wednesday hopefully the forks etc will be too and I can get going on the project. :thumbsup:

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #15  
CarDoc, Nice find, packed on a skid to boot,hard to beat that find..........I too need to find a source like that ......

CarDoc, Nice find, packed on a skid to boot,hard to beat that find..........I too need to find a source like that ......

Thanks! yeah luckily I just happened to mention we planned on going 300 mi south to Coffeeville KS for firewood so we would have a back haul after delivering the frame machine to them.

They told me about how they heat their shops and homes and said they would set it up so there would be someone there at the saw mill on Saturday to load us if we wanted some (heck yes) it worked out nice!

I burned some the other morning when it was cool and man that Oak sure smells great makes me think BBQ.

I am trying to figure out a cheap way to go get more. We got paid to deliver the frame machine so it was on their dime this time...

Got my new front tires mounted will put them on after work. I sure am hoping I figured the offset right they look pretty big. I did the math and Titan did it and we re-did it and its close either way. All it can do is bind and it did that already so time will tell these will hold a heck of a lot more weight. :laughing:

So seeing as how I dont have anything but a picture of how close the rear tires are supposed to come to the fenders and knowing what the Titan 12.9x27 OE size radius was and what mine are now. (mine are pretty close to fenders the OE have quite a bit of room) That is what we used to figure the math btw the theoretical dia of the OE Brigestone size it was unavailable and converted that to US.

I will know here in a hour or so...and the steel is supposed to be here tomorrow I have a 68 mi drive one way to get that stuff cant hardly wait. :D

Tires work thank goodness :D :thumbsup: they are pulling faster than the rears by just a bit like they should. I seem to remember there is supposed to be a 3.45% + bias ft/rr may be wrong just going off memory there.

The bind is there still but its the other way now its only going forwards on hard dirt before it bound in all directions but worse turning.

Now as soon as I turn the steering wheel a little the 4wd shifter will come out with 2 fingers so I am happy with that.

Next post hopefully will be some pics of my new steel waiting to be installed! :D

JD dealer said the attachments were shipped yesterday out of SD so its 1st part of next week now which is ok. :thumbsup: I am busy as all get out as is dont have time to mess with the tractor anyway.

Oh and my post above has wrong tire sizes fwtw the OE rears were 11/12.4x28 not what I said it was too late to edit once I saw my mistake.

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #20  
Oh and my post above has wrong tire sizes fwtw the OE rears were 11/12.4x28 not what I said it was too late to edit once I saw my mistake.

I was wondering about that & started to ask if you were sure about the OE size. I figured it was your tractor & you knew what you had. :D Mine are 12.4x11x28 also 7x16 on the front