New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #1  

Car Doc

Elite Member
Tractor
YM3810D Yanmar
Well it is getting pretty quiet around here lately and most of the projects are getting done we have been following so I will post this early just to have something to do. :laughing:

Monday I ordered a skid steer quick change from Koyker well its thru a John Deere dealer from Koyker. I know some of you may remember I said I would never buy another Koyker loader and I wont but this is just parts to make this one work better.

Method to my madness-I brought back 8 pallets of Missouri Oak trimmings and other woods I bought at an Amish saw mill last weekend when I delivered my automotive frame machine to a body shop in Trenton MO.

I plan move these whole 1750-2000# pallets into the shop this winter to burn in the heaters. That will make my life a lot easier plus I can stack my other firewood the same way and wrap with plastic like these are. :thumbsup:

I have clamp on forks and they are great for brush etc but really cant lift heavy stuff so as many times as I need to off load engines and trannys from box trucks here at the shop having real pallet forks is a necessity. I decided now was the time to buy.

I will post back when they show up I also got the weld on bracket to change my std duty bucket to skid steer quick change so there is a project in itself.

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #2  
Car Doc ...don't believe in rest? :laughing:

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way
I must have missed that. Can you explain again? I had thought I might eventually buy a Koyker for the YM186D.

The loader is ok I like it other than my curl problem. :thumbsup:

What I have issue with is how I was treated by their tech dept when I had a problem with my curl is my reason to never buy Koyker again.

Car Doc ...don't believe in rest? :laughing:

Oh man yes I do but I am so dang lazy if I can figure out a way to get the machines to do the work I am happy! (and sleep better ;) ) :laughing:

Just for something to look at folks here is the pallets of wood we brought back from the Amish saw mill in Trenton that I plan on burning this winter. And hopefully being able to lift all in one piece with the new pallet forks. :laughing:

They are 4x4x4' 8" approx and tightly packed, someone spent major time and effort placing every piece so it fit just right and they were reeeaaaly reasonably priced I am not even going to say what it was so unbelievable. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 296
   / New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #7  
I have the Koyker skid steer and think it's great. I also have there Grapple and it's just OK. I could have done much better.

/ New skid steer change over on Koyker 160 on its way #8  
That wood looks like a small woodworker's dream. Makes me wish there was an amish sawmill nearby. Nice find!

I have the Koyker skid steer and think it's great. I also have there Grapple and it's just OK. I could have done much better.

Ok good to know! I will probably be asking some questions. :thumbsup:

That wood looks like a small woodworker's dream. Makes me wish there was an amish sawmill nearby. Nice find!

I thought it was almost too good to burn myself then I snapped out of it! :)

Actually there are some pieces that will be used elsewhere I see that already. I will have a pile of save wood for sure. It will be interesting busting into one of them:thumbsup:

The pallets are even made of the left over bark sides they trim off, very well made by real craftsman no waste at all.