Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #1  

HGC

Tractor
Yanmar 187
1988 Yanmar 18HP (3 cylinder) utility tractor in very good condition...garage kept. 4WD with PowerShift transmission (9F/3R), differential lock, 2 speed (high/low) PTO, hydraulic 3-point hitch, turf tires. Operator and parts manuals. Only 862 hours. Original owner...well maintained and everything is in good working condition. No hydraulics ports for loader/hoe...only used for applications with 3-point hitch/PTO and pulling trailers. Asking $4,900.

View pictures on Craigslist at the following link:

Yanmar 187 Diesel Tractor

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #2  
I would love to buy that. I wish it was not so far from MS.

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #3  
I like how the exhaust is ducted under and to the rear like a car's tail pipe. Was that common on the US models?

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ
No, we customized that so exhaust fumes didn't blow back into your face...it's also a little quieter (bonus).

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #5  
Asking $4,900.
Too cheap!!! It will sell immediately. Possibly to someone who will put it right back on CL at $6k.

For a unit that clean, I would start a lot higher.

Really, pull the ad or at least omit the price until posters here who know Eastern prices have a chance to comment.

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ
It's a solid tractor with no problems, but there are no attachments included with it. Do you still think the price is too low?

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #7  
At least out here, its nearly impossible to find a 186 or 187 in nice condition. I've only seen one, looking several years, and it was in Denver. (~$1400 shipping). I finally gave up waiting and bought a cheap but thrashed-looking 186D that runs great now after some cleanup & repairs but looks worse than 'well used'.

Maybe prices are different in the East but I expect a clean one like that is today worth its original 1987 price at least. Part of the price premium is condition, but also because it is the best model of the small Yanmars. There's someone out there looking for that and willing to pay for it.

Also, since that's a US Yanmar you can advertise it on Ebay, which I think will bring more than just selling it to a neighbor. (Beware the Nigerian Prince etc, strictly cash at pickup).

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #9  
What is the pin for, on the weight bracket/bumper, just in front of the hood?

That machine is just gorgeous. May I ask why you are selling, or what you will replace it with?

/ Yanmar 187 Diesel tractor for sale in NJ #10  
What is the pin for, on the weight bracket/bumper, just in front of the hood?
That side-to-side bar above the front bumper? It is to lock in suitcase weights. And in this instance, the fact that its still there 25 years later illustrates how pristine this unit is.

Last edited: