Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM 2000

Default Re: YM2000 color combo

I have a YM2000 with the Zen-Noh on the hood instead of Yanmar and over the past couple years as paint started chipping from under the wheel wells there is a lime greenish sort of maint similar to California's color. Thought this was rather interesting as mine is clearly Japanese and the Gen 2 style. The entire tractor is red, green and cream like the others, except for this green under the red
    YM2000, Cub Cadet LTX1040, 5' Bush Hog, Boom Pole, Plow, Troy Bilt Tiller, Trailer, Stihlt 026 saw, Husqvarna trimmer, various push mowers, 95 ford F150, 04 VW Jetta 1.8T, Intimately Familiar with Navistar (International) MaxxPro Plus

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

I realize you wish to keep the original colors, as many different shades of red as they are, I found the most common red and the color red I used when repainting my yanmar was/is (Massey Ferguson red) and was a good likeness to yanmar red, I looked for as close as I could find to match the original mint color green for the frame, or should I say drive train, but IMO what I found didn't match with the red it just seem to look yuky together so I decided that because the frame would most likely be more susceptible of getting scratched up I went with a krylon Hunter green, can be purchased almost anywhere for around 3.50 a can, as you can note in the picture it's been about 6 months since it's last touchup and needs touched up now, as for the decal I drilled out the rivets holding on the backplate and used a good quality white spray paint to re-finish the backplate, Went to the local vinyl graphic decal business and had him cut out the Yanmar/Ym 1700 decal, although I had him do something a bit different ... just to be different and not like everyone else has

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by nazbom2 View Post
    I have a YM2000 with the Zen-Noh on the hood instead of Yanmar and over the past couple years as paint started chipping from under the wheel wells there is a lime greenish sort of maint similar to California's color. Thought this was rather interesting as mine is clearly Japanese and the Gen 2 style. The entire tractor is red, green and cream like the others, except for this green under the red
    Mabe you have an early 2nd gen tractor. The fenders are the same on both so maybe they used what they had and that was some lime green fenders that they painted red for assembly? Or maybe it was a fixer part at some point in the past and was pulled off a green tractor. I have different colored fenders or fender tops or something when i bought mine. One was either scratched in shipping and repainted a more red color and the other is the more orangy red that the vn guys use or is it reversed they use more red and the yanmar is more orangy red??
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12