YM2000 color combo

/ YM2000 color combo #1  

LeadHead

So this YM2000 that I just brought home is of unknown year and I would like to somehow determine when it was built. A previous owner did a pretty good job of painting the sheet metal red, but the engine and frame of the tractor is a very pale green. Is it likely this was a green model that was "converted" to red, or is this how they came new? Is there a serial number guide that would tell me when it was built?

/ YM2000 color combo #3  
Are the headlights external off each side of the hood, or in the nose of the hood?

YM2000 Series 1 with external headlights was green. The Japan-market Yanmars went to red paint when they went to the series-2 hood. (However the US Yanmars continued green when they went to sereis-2 sheetmetal - see an example in my avatar).

There simply aren't any sources for finding year based on serial number.

/ YM2000 color combo
California, my hood is similar to yours with the internal headlights, only red.

/ YM2000 color combo #5  
Look like this ? You can see the rectangle or were the number is just below were you check or fill the Hyd. Fluid.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    870.6 KB · Views: 170
   / YM2000 color combo
Well, yours looks both gray and green, but yeah, the color of mine is similar to your green. Won't get a chance for a couple or 3 days, but will have to check the tag for the serial.

/ YM2000 color combo #7  
This one was bought ASIS so it's just places I touched up to keep it from Rusting. Picked it up at Fredricks your see it's thier Green. I've been able to do a few things to it over the winter The wheels and side panels. The Light Panel is next the Off White I just don't care for.

/ YM2000 color combo
Yep, I think the white looks better. I need to get decals for mine since he didn't bother replacing those after painting it.

/ YM2000 color combo #9  
The wifey going to make mine at work :D Just came up yesterday and she agreed also on the white.

/ YM2000 color combo
That's great; vinyl decals? Would she be interested in making extras? If so, let me know what a set would cost including shipping.