Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suitcase weights

Anyone know where I can get suitcase weights for my YM1300D? I am currently using two IH weights but they are only on loan and are too big and don't fit right.
    Thanks
    Hondo

Tractor
    Iseki TA 207

Default Re: Suitcase weights

Your location would help us help you. Freight is a killer.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110 HST

I use the ones I bought at John deere. About $40 for 40 pounds of weight, hook over the front bumper on my YM 1700.

I am in Rochester, NY 14624. Freight probably would cost more than the weights huh? Let me know. Thanks.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

People have done all sorts of things for weights-- I've seen discussions about getting used weightlifting weights at yard sales and making up a bar to hang them on or using cement with rebar to hang on the front. No sense in paying for a custom made item when all you need is something heavy.

Tractor
    Hinomoto e2004 aka 5020

the jd quick attach weights (something like that) weights for the 4000 series are the same used on the yanmar.. at least the one's i got from a yanmar dealer fit's my neighbors jd and my hinomoto nicely.. #42 paid 35 a piece..

Tractor
    Yanmar FF205D

IS there any reason to ever take the weights off? If yes, the the JD weights may be worth it for ease of removal. If no, just bolt on a series of 4" pvc pipes with rebar and concrete in them. That should add weight fast. bw

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

As some else stated. check another dealer.. I got some suitcase weights from a NH dealer.. and yes.. like a buck a pound or so... also fit great on my ym1700.

Also made a front bumper extension out of a couple lengths of some large diameter pipe filled with concrete ant rebar. That and the 2 suitcase weights mad ethe 30" dirt scoop real effective.

Soundguy

I looked around for weights but had no luck. I welded up some plate steel into a box and filled it with cement. It weighs in at 170 but looks like s*#t. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like my stuff to look nice as well as function nice. Wall Mart has 25# plates for 10 bucks. I plan on making a bracket that will bolt to the front bumper and the plates will slide on one at a time. Easy on - easy off. I figure why leave the weights on when you don't need them.

Tractor
    Yanmar models: YM1110D, YM1301D

What are these 25# plates for $10 at WalMart? Are they those round weight set weights with a hole in the middle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast