Ballast Suitcase weights

/ Suitcase weights #1  

Anonymous Poster

Anyone know where I can get suitcase weights for my YM1300D? I am currently using two IH weights but they are only on loan and are too big and don't fit right.
Thanks
Hondo

/ Suitcase weights #2  
Your location would help us help you. Freight is a killer.

/ Suitcase weights #3  
I use the ones I bought at John Deere. About $40 for 40 pounds of weight, hook over the front bumper on my YM 1700.

/ Suitcase weights
I am in Rochester, NY 14624. Freight probably would cost more than the weights huh? Let me know. Thanks.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Suitcase weights
People have done all sorts of things for weights-- I've seen discussions about getting used weightlifting weights at yard sales and making up a bar to hang them on or using cement with rebar to hang on the front. No sense in paying for a custom made item when all you need is something heavy.

/ Suitcase weights #6  
the jd quick attach weights (something like that) weights for the 4000 series are the same used on the yanmar.. at least the one's i got from a yanmar dealer fit's my neighbors jd and my hinomoto nicely.. #42 paid 35 a piece..

/ Suitcase weights #7  
IS there any reason to ever take the weights off? If yes, the the JD weights may be worth it for ease of removal. If no, just bolt on a series of 4" pvc pipes with rebar and concrete in them. That should add weight fast. bw

/ Suitcase weights #8  
As some else stated. check another dealer.. I got some suitcase weights from a NH dealer.. and yes.. like a buck a pound or so... also fit great on my ym1700.

Also made a front bumper extension out of a couple lengths of some large diameter pipe filled with concrete ant rebar. That and the 2 suitcase weights mad ethe 30" dirt scoop real effective.

Soundguy

/ Suitcase weights
I looked around for weights but had no luck. I welded up some plate steel into a box and filled it with cement. It weighs in at 170 but looks like s*#t. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like my stuff to look nice as well as function nice. Wall Mart has 25# plates for 10 bucks. I plan on making a bracket that will bolt to the front bumper and the plates will slide on one at a time. Easy on - easy off. I figure why leave the weights on when you don't need them.

/ Suitcase weights #10  
What are these 25# plates for $10 at WalMart? Are they those round weight set weights with a hole in the middle?