Our "new" 186D

/ Our "new" 186D #91  
I would recommend a single bottom 12" plow, especially since you have turf tires. I have a two bottom that I pull with my 186D, but I have filled ag tires, wheel weights, 250 lbs of suitcase weights, and additional mass from heavy side cultivators. I have to pull it in low range first gear, and still run out of traction easily, even though my machine weighs over 2500 lbs in operating trim. It would be much more efficient to go faster with a more easily pulled plow, and it would do a better job. I suspect the single bottom plow would be easier to set up correctly, too.

/ Our "new" 186D #92  
My 186d with ag tires will pull my 12" single bottom but I have to watch the depth. If the plow gets too deep I will end up sitting in place with all 4 wheels spinning. I am doubtful about a 2 bottom on a 186d unless the ground was very loose.

Chris

/ Our "new" 186D #93  
I pull a "Middle Buster, or Potato" plow with my 186D. Works good, but sometimes with a lot of wheel slipage. I have ag tires, and don't see doing it with turf tires.

/ Our "new" 186D #94  
Like the other said and i brought up. I dont see your 186 pulling a double bottom with turfs, even with 4wd. Unless your ballasted to 3000lbs and your pulling like a double 10" or something or if you pull a double 12" through a previously tilled/disked garden.

/ Our "new" 186D
Here is the new addition to the fleet. All he said after an hour of brush hogging was "call TS, we are gettin a tiller today!". Sooo, we got a new 4' tiller, well almost new. Someone returned it, it was clearance and missing the front part of te shaft and te pressure cap for the overflow on the side gear box.

Never woulda guessed that it would weigh as much as it does either! They had the shaft sitting in the store but when I asked the guy loading it for us why it was missing, he said it didn't come with one, even though every implement there had one. Long story short, the shaft and cap will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• image-3931731358.jpg
    image-3931731358.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3968673494.jpg
    image-3968673494.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 165
  • image-179871198.jpg
    image-179871198.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1865418962.jpg
    image-1865418962.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
   / Our "new" 186D
Only thing I can see is the shaft length may not work?? Look like it is gonna have to be pretty short!

/ Our "new" 186D #97  
you will probably have to cut at least a 1/3 to half of it off i guess?

/ Our "new" 186D
Is that practical? Any negative impact on the performance of the tiller? Safety issue?

/ Our "new" 186D #99  
Might want to look at this vid about cutting PTO shafts down to size. Tractor PTO Shafts | The best quality shafts at the best price available and as always free shipping. But from what I see in your picture, It does not look like any standard shaft.

/ Our "new" 186D #100  
AYea that shaft almost looks star or like the tractor end of a pto? Maybe its the one thats football shaped and its an illusion of the camera?

Yes you can sut PTO shafts, there designed to do that, and its the only way to make them fit. Only problem is if you get a tractor needing a longer one you will have to get a new shaft.