Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #1  

Ginormous

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210
Would anyone who has a Yanmar emblem (like the one pictured below) be willing to loan it to me so that I can make a mold or be willing to make a mold to send me? Making a mold of it in plaster of paris should be easy. The mold could be filled with a plastic, then the plastic emblem painted with Yanmar colors and VOILA! a new Yanmar emblem! Anyone willing to do that?? :D

Attachments

• Yanmar emblem.png
    Yanmar emblem.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 298
   / Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots
Clemson -- you haven't? Apparently Hoye sold them at some point, which is where I got the picture. They can't get them now.

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #4  
Ginormous - I wonder if you could find a belt buckle on ebay with that Yanmar logo.

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #5  
If you know the size, take the picture to a CNC milling machine operator and have them make you one, or a dozen.
I sent a picture of a well known emblem to a friend who duplicated it in a piece of aluminum I sent along. It was going to be the step on the back of a p/u truck, but the new owner (Christmas Gift) thought it was too pretty to be stepping on, so it got put in her collection room on display. Not for sale...
David from jax

Here is an example

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #7  
LOL A CNC belt buckle is $199 :laughing: :laughing: so forget my idea:D

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #8  
Have you tried LMTC and Sheaffer's already too? Or one of the salvage yards to pull one?

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #9  
I will be watching this thread I need one of them and a stock mirror.

just for conversation-Finding one of these reminds me of the 70'S the rally wheels on Chevy's the center caps were something you had to put in the trunk when you parked somewhere or they would disappear. I caught many pukes trying to steal my 454 Monte Carlo caps then I got wise left the car at home. :)

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #10  
I bet we have a used one in good enough shape to get a mold off of. I'll see what I can find. Too bad you can't make them & sell them though. I get lots of requests for those.

edit- I found one. Not real pretty but should work for a mold. Email me your address & I'll send it to you if you want it.

Attachments

• emblem.jpg
    emblem.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited: