Tractor Sizing yanmar 1500d

/ yanmar 1500d #1  

hogfly

Tractor
yanmar 1500 d
hello all this is my first post hope you guys can help dad has a yanmar 1500d stock rims on front brand new 6-14 r1 tires on them he bought hoyes rear turf rims to gain wheel space wants to go with r1s i searched for 3 weeks closet thing i could find was goodyear dyna torqe 11.2-16 will this be enough to mess with ratio the goodyear is 35.5 tall thanks guys kenny

/ yanmar 1500d #2  
anybody know the stock height for the 1500? If within 5% id say your good?

/ yanmar 1500d
they tell me stock would be 37.5 but i am up 1 size on front and 35.5 on rear how critacal is this i mean what about wear will the front drag the back or do i worry to much

/ yanmar 1500d #4  
If your in tilled ground or mud i would not worry that much, but i would not use 4wd if the ratio is more than 10% different than the original ratio front/back between old and new set. I really dont know the %tage u need to stay in, one of the real gurus will know though.

If on hard sod or concrete or asphault, unless withing the wiggle room i would not use it at all!!!

But in loose ground the tires will just slip the needed amount. If off to much it can bind up the drive line making taking it in and out of 4wd difficult, like on an old truck. You know your front and rear diffs need to be the same with same tires or else you bind up and start poping stuff like U-joints, driveshafts, yokes , gears or input shafts!!!!

/ yanmar 1500d #5  
The front needs to lead the back by a little, since the front tires go farther when turning.

It will slip in and out of 4x4 easily when the tire diameters are right. But as Clemsonfor said, if it's straining then expensive stuff is going to wear out quick - or worse.

/ yanmar 1500d #6  
The ym220/226 service manual says front wheel pre-run percent should be 1 to 4% with a wear limit of 0 and 6%. Just guessing that range would be pretty close for most of the grey Yanmars.

/ yanmar 1500d
so what % am i off front calls for 5-14 i have a 6-14 rear calls for 8.3-22 i have been told new ones are 37.5 tall the ricers on it measure 36 tall (must be worn some) seems to work fine so i will only change rears to the 11.2-16 35.5 tall do you guys think this will work $900.00 wasted money can i change front to match the 35.5 thanks to all for your help

/ yanmar 1500d #8  
I think the only difference between the 5-14 and 6-14 is the width of the tire. But the new tires in the rear seem to short just quick thinking. Why pay 900 for tires anyway were the old ricers chewing up the yard?

/ yanmar 1500d #9  
You need to know the front to rear ratio on the 1500. Also the circumference of the tires. Then you can accurately figure the lead. Many folks say it doesn't matter that much. I am of the persuasion circumstances of use can make a big difference.

/ yanmar 1500d
yea they do no traction in gravel or hard sod useless to me on mountin side no rice here and correct me if im wrong but i think a 6-14 is taller than the 5-14 got me worried nobody seems to have a firm ansewer dont know lost on this ratio '''''''''' will my set up work guess i will be the guinia pig i will let you guys know thanks men