Thermal Start on YM 2000

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hey Guys,
How does this thermal start work. Their is a small reservoir over the engine and a key setting to activate I assume, what is the function. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000 #2  
Here is a couple of pages from an operation and service manual in PDF format. Download it and print it out.
Jim

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000 #3  
That ain't gonna work on a YM2000, Jimbo, unless the user realizes the writeup is for an American version with reversed throttle.

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000 #4  
Yup, forgot to mention that the throttle for grey's is pull for full throttle and push for idle. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks Norm...
Jim

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000
Thanks as always guys I should remember to push insted of pull, should I even try this thing sence it is 20+ years old, or stay inside when it's cold.

/ Thermal Start on YM 2000 #6  
When I bought my YM2000B, the dealer told me to turn the key to the right and wait a few seconds so the glow plugs would warm up in the cold weather. Not knowing any better, I believed him. I went the first winter starting it that way. It actually started right up though. After doing some research on here I found out that my tractor doesn't even have glow plugs. Man, did I feel stupid. I filled up the reservoir and turned the key to the left until I could hear the fuel warming up in the intake manifold. It starts in even the coldest weather now. Just listen for a slight popping or bubbbling sound. You'll know when to crank it. Above 30F. I don't even think about thermo start. It fires like a new engine. E.M.