Default Thermal Start on YM 2000

Hey Guys,
    How does this thermal start work. Their is a small reservoir over the engine and a key setting to activate I assume, what is the function. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Any Japanese

Default Re: Thermal Start on YM 2000

Here is a couple of pages from an operation and service manual in PDF format. Download it and print it out.
    Jim

Elite Member

That ain't gonna work on a YM2000, Jimbo, unless the user realizes the writeup is for an American version with reversed throttle.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Any Japanese

Yup, forgot to mention that the throttle for grey's is pull for full throttle and push for idle. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks Norm...
    Jim

Thanks as always guys I should remember to push insted of pull, should I even try this thing sence it is 20+ years old, or stay inside when it's cold.

When I bought my YM2000B, the dealer told me to turn the key to the right and wait a few seconds so the glow plugs would warm up in the cold weather. Not knowing any better, I believed him. I went the first winter starting it that way. It actually started right up though. After doing some research on here I found out that my tractor doesn't even have glow plugs. Man, did I feel stupid. I filled up the reservoir and turned the key to the left until I could hear the fuel warming up in the intake manifold. It starts in even the coldest weather now. Just listen for a slight popping or bubbbling sound. You'll know when to crank it. Above 30F. I don't even think about thermo start. It fires like a new engine. E.M.