3 point Question

/ 3 point Question #1  

kayssupply

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 207
It has finally happened. My competion has sent his customer to me to tell him what is wrong with his tractor. If I don't help I become the bad guy. So, help. His 3 point goes all the way up and past the stop every time he starts it no matter where the control is set and it won't go down when you put the lever to the down position. It will only leak off over night. Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh , it is a YM1610D. We'll talk about the powershift problem after this is figured out.

/ 3 point Question #2  
I don't know the mechanism but if you have a parts manual you can trace the movement from the op. handle to whatever causes the lift to raise and see possibilities....Probably a sheared pin in something....or start taking it apart.

/ 3 point Question #3  
I think the lift is a single acting hydraulic cylinder that pushes an arm attached to the splined rock shaft. The rock arms are attached to the shaft. On my 186 a bracket on the rock arm slides between the limiter stops. The lift limiter bumps the hydraulic lever out of the raise or lower position when the rock arm bracket hits the limit stop. Without knowing anything about it I was wondering if the valve needs work. I think the down circuit just drains fluid from the cylinder to the sump. Maybe something blocking the down circuit or sommething preventing the valve from going into the down position?

Chris

/ 3 point Question #4  
I've never had my yanmar lift apart.. but have seen this sort of thing on old fords.. usually indicated that internal linkage is disconnected / stuck, or a spool valve ( or unloading valve ) is not operating properly.

good luck

Soundguy

/ 3 point Question
So far you all are thinking along the same lines I am. I am thinking the transmision problem may even be linked to the hydraulics loading up.

/ 3 point Question #6  
Does this model have the auto-till (?) feature? My 2220D has a lever under the main hyd. controls that appears to hook up to the auto-till. If you move this lever it will raise the lift, and I think it has a spring return, this could cause the lift to raise if the spring is broken or the lever jammed. Just a thought. Whats up with the powershift?

Jim

/ 3 point Question
It doesn't have auto lift. The powershift will pull but makes noises that worry the guy. I am going to look at it tomorrow for him. This is the first problem with a powershift I have heard of. It might be hard to get help.

/ 3 point Question
The powershift is indestructable for sure. The problems with the YM1610 all traced back to the 3 point lift. A small piece of metal had lodged in the lift control valve. When it over lifted the tiller, it jammed the PTO in gear and was making all the noise. He hasn't checked out the PTO yet.