Spec

/ Spec #1  

PROFarms

Silver Member
Tractor
International 444, Yanmar YM169d, Cub Cadet
hi, i have got a Yanmar YM169d and i use it mainly to make hay and to do my potatoes. i know that the YFL 580 loader will fit the tractor but i was wondering if anyone knew how well it worked on the tractor or do any other loaders fit it as i believe it only has got one way hydrualics on it. alternatively would it be worth buying a newer tractor witha higher hp on it
thanks
ben

/ Spec #2  
hi, i have got a Yanmar YM169d and i use it mainly to make hay and to do my potatoes.

Welcome to the forum! Are you running a baler with your Yanmar?

There are several options for loaders. Here in the states, Koyker and Coldwater make loaders that fit your machine. I have a YM1401D, the Japanese cousin of your tractor, with a loader. It works well, but it is light. It needs a very heavy implement out back to be at all safe with a loader. Without the counterbalance, the front axle is dangerously overloaded. mine works great, but it isn't a skid steer, or even a little bit bigger machine, like my 186.

The Yanmars, like basically all other tractors, have a single acting lift cylinder. I believe the 169 has a port ready to add an auxiliary valve to control the loader, so no cutting of hydraulic lines would be required.

I'm sure someone builds loaders in the UK. If not, any welding shop can build one. Let us know how you do.

/ Spec
Welcome to the forum! Are you running a baler with your Yanmar?

The Yanmars, like basically all other tractors, have a single acting lift cylinder. I believe the 169 has a port ready to add an auxiliary valve to control the loader, so no cutting of hydraulic lines would be required.

hi
thanks fo the reply.
i am currently not running a baler on the tractor because we currently only really make enough hay to be fine using our hand box baler.
yes the 19 does have the port ready to add an auxillery line.
we were thinking of getting a new tractor to come with a loader but we are fairly limited to what we can buy because we have all of our implements one way hydraulics and only 4ft wide.
just asan addon do you know if it is possible to run something like a log splitter with dual hose on a single hose tractor.

cheers
ben

/ Spec #4  
I don't know what you mean by a single hose tractor. Unless the fluid is pouring onto the ground, there always has to be a high pressure or work side, and a low pressure, or return side. Sometimes, as with loader cylinders, the dual acting cylinder has both sides of the piston available to be work or return sides, depending on how the control valve is set. The three point lift uses a single acting cylinder, where the high pressure side is controlled by the position control lever.

Do you have a remote or auxiliary valve currently? If it is only a single acting valve, it could be replaced with a double acting valve.

The output of the tractor may drive the splitter very slowly. Post the numbers from your pump's data plate, if you can. I have a list of hydraulic pump outputs for some machines here. I don't have the 169 yet. It should say something like 4cc/rev. The 169 uses the same pump as the 1610 according to Hoye. This is interesting, because the 169 shares the engine with the 186 and 1401, while the 1610 is different. The 186 and 1401 use different but interchangeable pumps.

/ Spec
The tractor only has one way hydraulics to lift. When the arms or trailer go down it is gravity
Hope you know what I mean
Cheers
Ben

/ Spec #6  
I understand. That is how virtually all tractors are configured. It does not keep you from installing a double acting control valve. Is your machine currently configured to run any hydraulically operated implements?

/ Spec #7  
i know that the YFL 580 loader will fit the tractor but i was wondering if anyone knew how well it worked on the tractor or do any other loaders fit it

Hi, my F18D has a Hymari loader fitted, this was fitted in the UK, the Hymari website doesn't list it anymore, as they only supply to dealers, but may be worth contacting them?

/ Spec
by single hose i meant that the hydrailics only work in one direction for example with a trailer it will push the trailer upand then gravity to come back down. also with implements they are only lifted and rely on gravity and weight to lower them. hope this helpwith what i imeant
cheers
ben

/ Spec
thanks
have contacted them but not heard back from the so ipresume that the answer is no.
i have actually found other places which cn source them
cheers
ben

/ Spec #10  
I know I am late to the topic, but if I understand your reference to the hydralic function, you are refering that your 3 point hitch has no down pressure. If that is the statement you are making this would be absolutely correct and what what you want to happen. It is true of even very large commercial farm tractors. Down pressure on your 3 ph will do one of 2 things, neither of which you want. 1 remove traction from rear wheels as you could easily lift the rear of the tractor with down pressure. The second would be to break someting in the system. Since on these small tractors almost always the lift cylinders for the 3ph are internal to the tractor this means a complete differential teardown to repair. Also replacing a control valve is inlikely as it is internal to the tractor also. Cables and/or linkages and the control lever are all that you will locate outside of the differential housing.

That all said, for the addition of a loader, you will need a supply, pressurize line and a return, unpressurized line for the loaded and 3 ph to operate. I do not know your tractor so it is posdible that you may have a port system that allows for these connections.

Hope this is helpful, as some of the comments seemed to address external hydraulic cylinders and not the 3 ph.