Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #101  
Clutch safety switch. (In the wire between keyswitch and starter). One more: the multi - speed pto. 540 and sometimes 1000 rpm are the standard rear pto speeds on the US Yanmars.

Yup forgot those thank you.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #102  
I saw them arrive like that at the local VN importer. Except the carpentry wasn't that great and some of the the lower tractors had dented hoods, scuff marks etc where the load settled.

My RS1400 tiller must have come over in a poured-in load like that shipper's second container. I bought the importer's most weathered looking tiller because it was cheapest. Its adjustment wheel on top was crushed flat. But for $200 including a full set of replacement tines - which it doesn't need yet - it was worth it to straighten the wheel. :) The wheel straightened out fine. They even included a pto shaft extender, while I think the problem is my 3-point arms are longer than standard. I don't think we will see bargains like this again.

$200 tiller dang... Wish I could find that. I need one for a one time use to redo some ground out back.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #103  
no rental places in your area?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #106  
Tractors are shipped with tires and fenders off, but that is just so that they can fit more into the container. If you look it up you can find videos on either youtube and pics on some japaneese expoter sites where they show contianers being loaded in this way. They load them on top of the tires and then 2 high.

This may be so when the gray yanmar was put on market just after the dealings with Kubota gray's, the one dealer that I knew 13 or so years ago and I won't mention a name, He delt primarily in gray Kubota's , he explained how they would break the tractors down at the transmission seperating them from the engine, as well as you stated removing the wheels/tires steering wheel,hood, anything that could be unbolted and easily put back together, the containers were to look like they were filled with nothing but a bunch of used tractor parts,

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #108  
interesting! is he still getting these "tractor parts"?

No he does not. though I'm sure he has some old back stock of parts left over, believeve the local kubota dealerships took him down, So he started buying up the old JD,ford,MF, etc,etc, type of tractors repairing them along with still buying some of the Yanmars and refurbishing them, Last I heard he's about had it with the used tractor industry and giving it up,
is like everything else with the downfall of economy,:cool:

Last edited:
   / Yanmar lawsuit. #109  
I wonder if Yanmar as considered the fact that people by Yanmars due to low price point and being tough machines but may not consider one if priced anywhere near the major selling brands?

Since I have an old MF and JD so am not in the market (did see a nice looking 861 Ford for $2800 but did not need it) for a new tractor but I am guessing the China tractors have improved in quality over the past 10-20 years and may be hard to be value wise.

Many CUTS seem to be for hobby farming and with the declining USA financial picture high end cuts may be at risk at some point.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #110  
Yea you got the point Gale about the yanmars. A durable tractor in a small package at a good price point.

I considered buying an old american tractor like a MF JD or ford. The thing that kept me is the weight( i tow mine with my 30 yr old 1/2 ton) and the amount of fuel they use! The deisels are not as bad as the old gassers but still nowhere near the yanmars usage.

The china tractors are good quality i think for the price as well as some of the idian and korean tractors. But some of these makers seem to be here and then gone in 5-10 years. Problems with all these makers is the suppply of parts that are even easy on our yanmars. say steering parts and spindles or other things. I think kioti and manihandra should not face problems but there are any number of china makers as well as all the indian ones or are the korean, like century, branson, montana, zentor??? Seems like every small town use to have a place with nice new montana tractors for sale, yet i dont see them anywhere anmore, did nt they go out of busness anyway?