Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #141  
(not to politicize the discussion but a simple observation of mine...)

All I can say about our current judicial system is I never in my wildest imagination would have believed I would be forced to buy something just because I am alive and breathing USA air and get fined something terrible if I did not do it. Like money just falls out of trees for the pee-on's working for a living. my .002

Now whether we will suffer personal injury from all this its a coin toss nothing is certain imho.

thank you for saying this.

have to agree 1000%

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #142  
Welcome thank you! ;)

Turns out the Yanmar gray market dealers and I were mistaken though thinking we were smart enough to start our first businesses. Apparently we had help we never knew about until recently.

Up till then we all thought we were being pushed around by everybody with their hand out for our money the piles and piles of it we all made. I guess we are dumb thats what I am told anyway?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #143  
Your not smarter than me or anyone else cardoc. I could do it if i wanted to!!! After all you have a road infront of you shop right!

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #144  
Fish oil! That's awesome. Organic though.
So what are the real possibilities here?

Crush the grey market dealers and the parts base?
Buy back all these imported yanmars?
Restrict any new arrivals of non-us yanmars?
Set a legal framework to protect the company from lawsuits?
Combo of some kind?

Did I miss any? This is absurd to say the least.
Anyone dumping their yanmar because of this black cloud?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #145  
Apparently we had help we never knew about until recently.
Just one question - when your customers arrive, is via the back yard driving across others' property, or via some public roadway that you didn't build alone?

Via the street out front? There's your 'didn't do it all by yourself'.

As for me, I don't mind property taxes for roads. And schools. And a lot of other stuff we take for granted. I don't want to live like Somalia without the infrastructure we take for granted. I like civilization, where we rely on one another. Instead of just relying on ourselves alone.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #146  
Ill say this and this alone i really dont want us to go to far off here. One where did the money for the roads come from, privite individuals who earned it then turned it over to the Feds under our current tax structure. Then the gov contracted the work out to privite firms to build the road, which are private again. Anyway, if all we had in this country were dirt roads, with no pavement folks would still pay Car doc to work on their cars. The pavement is just cause we dont live in a 3rd world country. Yea its makes it faster to get stuff and cheaper etc, but the whole point is that the money that "allowed a business to succeede" came from the privite side to begin with. The FED GOVMENT does not make money it takes it and redistributes it. I agree we do need a government or else we would have total anarchy and be owned by germans if not or someone else. I myself work for the government i just dont agree with all its decesions.

I personally know of over .5 million of my agencies several million dollars that was just wasted out of the Stimulus. NO jobs were created with the make work stuff we got. It went to existing construction firms that were fully employed before and its employees would not of missed a paycheck with out the work. We did get some benefit out of it, but take our $50k boat shed. It was stimulus money, the thing is basically a pole shed open on one side, 8x8 construction and wrapped in tin, and has a 10-12" reinforced concrete pad for us to park 2 boats on the heaviest might be 4000lbs. Point is we only spent it cause we had to, a $5k metal shed would of done the same thing. I could go on, but i saw mostly waste, and this is just in my agency i can only imagine the whole thing spent that way.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #147  
Anything government does is inefficient. I put in 20 years documenting some of the worst examples. Mostly financial auditing of completed construction contracts, and also several years reviewing and reporting the effectiveness of decision-making. (My job class was Management Auditor). Yes I saw some real nonsense.

But for a lot of things like the transportation infrastructure we have now, there just isn't any other way to provide the elements of civilization as well as via government. For another example nobody has ever built a nuclear plant without a government guarantee that protects the 'owners' from liability, similar to the bailout that the banks just enjoyed. The bank situation represents their raw political power as much as it was a response to necessity, but the nuclear industry guarantees simply recognize that no corporation is large enough to shoulder full responsibility for nuclear liability. Like I said, I prefer what we have compared to the weak-government model best illustrated by Somalia.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #148  
No government builds roads unless they are just borrowing and not paying it back or paying interest.

When the 'government' builds roads with my money then it is ME and many others like me building the roads and NOT the 'government'.

Sounds like some have dranked at the wrong well to think 'the government' does anything in a 'net' sense.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #149  
Back to basics. I thought everybody understood this: We The People created government to do those things that are done for the good of all citizens. And We The People voted to tax ourselves to fund this work that we have delegated to our government to accomplish. It seems ignorant to me to claim that the government itself does nothing. In a democracy (or republic if you choose) the government is us. It's not a 'them'.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #150  
Back to basics. I thought everybody understood this: We The People created government to do those things that are done for the good of all citizens. And We The People voted to tax ourselves to fund this work that we have delegated to our government to accomplish. It seems ignorant to me to claim that the government itself does nothing. In a democracy (or republic if you choose) the government is us. It's not a 'them'.

Interesting :D