Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #221  
i think LMTC use to always advertise a digital parts book not sure though? u can still get one on ebay im sure, i see them referred to time n again? i dont think its a conspricy though. like winston said i dont think i can call ford up to get a service manual for my 1990 ranger either. so many of its parts are discontinued by ford its not funny. the only place to get hard brake line moulded in its shape i think is LMC truck?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #222  
As with most equipment, the manufacturers quit making them after a period of time. These old Yanmars are 30+ years old including the US sold ones.

So are you saying there is NO where that I can buy a genuine yanmar air and oil filter for a 240?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #223  
No, I am not saying that. I'm saying I doubt your can buy genuine transmission gears, engine blocks, etc. I would sort of doubt Yanmar ever made the original filters anyway. That is just an opinion, not a fact. ;)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #224  
Just to bust the conspricy theory about "all the yanmar parts manuals dissappearing" there is a 240 parts book on ebay as of last night. i almost bout it but did not want it that bad at the time.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #225  
No, I am not saying that. I'm saying I doubt your can buy genuine transmission gears, engine blocks, etc. I would sort of doubt Yanmar ever made the original filters anyway. That is just an opinion, not a fact. ;)

That's my point. Yanmar DID sell oil and airfilters with yanmar labeling. The original yanmar air filter is a different physical size than any you can by now. Will they work? Yes but not OEM. Just a couple years ago, there were at least three dealers I am aware of that could order OEM yanmar parts out of a distribution center in Chicago. Things have changed and not for the better!

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #226  
have they even discontinued support for domestic 3 digit models?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #227  
Id have to disagree? have u bought the aftermarket filter hoye sells? i have. its a custom , i guess china made filter they sell. It designed for the 240/2000 it has a foam ring to help seal in case your rubber in the cover is gone or dried out etc. anyway, i have an OE filter that came on tractor. it has the yanmar symnbol on it. other than the foam its exactly the same size as original, and the foam makes it better in my opinion.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #228  
Id have to disagree? have u bought the aftermarket filter hoye sells? i have. its a custom , i guess china made filter they sell. It designed for the 240/2000 it has a foam ring to help seal in case your rubber in the cover is gone or dried out etc. anyway, i have an OE filter that came on tractor. it has the yanmar symnbol on it. other than the foam its exactly the same size as original, and the foam makes it better in my opinion.

Not to keep beating a quickly dying dead horse, but you are still missing the point I am trying to make. Maybe Hoye does have a generic Chinese filter that now is the same size. I have not purchased one. The replacements people were using were all a bit short. I won't argue that Hoye provides a fantastic service to the yanmar community. I have used them on several occasions. I know that I can buy "Chinese/Indian Generic" replacements. My question remains and is concidental with Soundguys: Can you still buy OEM yanmar parts for the domestic 3 number tractors????????

Any at all????? I think Yanmar shut them down......

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #229  
Not sure on that question, but i dont try. There is no way that a yanmar dealer part would be any cheaper to me than what hoye sells. Price point to me wins out most of the time.

And those replacements your talking about is just some filter that was close that "fit" and was spread across the internet as a replacement and the wix or napa number has been posted many times. But like you say its smaller and thus allows dust to pass directly over the filter in the housing as it does not fit snugly against the top cover plate. BUT to fix this just buy HOYES replacement (i know this is not your point) and run it, the dimentions are identical.

Also on the oil filter thing the point was that the oil filter may have come in a yanmar box and had a yanmar number on them but were most likely made on the assembly line of a country like china or japan but on the same one with the toyota, honda, wix, Purorlator, whatever filters. It wasent like there was a yanmar plant making parts.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #230  
Yes,you can still get OE parts from a yanmar Dealer. I know a dealer that can still get OE parts if that part is still available . Some parts are & some aren't. Some parts you can get from JD

Last edited: