Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #341  
This is only my opinion,,, Any refurb yanmars you see for sale ( from now on) will be from Fredricks or a Fredricks dealer. You will probably see some of the used (VN refurbs )ones for sale from time to time. As far as the dealers that sold VN refurbs, I believe they are all gone

Well from what Ive read losing the VN "refirbs" will be a good thing. I guess we will just have to wait a bit and see what developes and if this avenue can make a comeback. Hopefully they can keep pricing in line with value.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #342  
Well from what Ive read losing the VN "refirbs" will be a good thing.

I don't have a problem with it. I know when I was in the 1st stages looking at a Yanmar. I looked at the same tractor(3110D) at a VN refurb dealer...It was the same price as I paid for the Fredricks tractor. I think as the new tractor prices rise because of the new tier4 EPA engines. A refurb yanmar should still remain a good value

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #343  
The grey market thing, even if the market was absent any interference from Kubota or Yanmar, was on a downward trend for a while. When newcomers to the market (and I use that term with no disparaging intentions) started competing with the JD and Kubota brands, it gave us a lot of good options on new tractors. I think it caused JD and Kubota to keep some economy type tractors in their lineup. Mahindra, Kioti, LS, Branson, TYM, helped even the JD and Kubota buyers by trying to keep a lid on price increases. At the same time, the dollar exchange to the Yen became very unfavorable. A tractor that did cost an importer $4000 was suddenly $5500, or even more. Add a loader to a $5500 20 year old Yanmar, do a service and fix everything, add a ROPS, perhaps replace some tires and there is not much margin for the dealer to sell this for under $9k. Enter a new Mahindra/LS or whatever with a good warranty, good parts availability and power-steering, R4 tires, ROPS, and so on for $11-12k ish (at the time, a little higher now) for the 20-24HP units, and it was a perfect storm that I think made the grey markets not really such a good deal. Save $3k, get a 20 year old tractor, often without PS and with rice tires? And financing isn't always so attractive either on greys. There are of course examples where the greys are a good deal. I am just generalizing.

I think Yanmars are great tractors by the way. I recently bought a mini-excavator, a track loader and a couple of new forklifts for the business and all have Yanmar engines and they really are hard to beat.

The dollar-yen exchange is a little better now and Fredericks may be able to buy in large enough volume that he can make these a good deal. I wish him well.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #344  
The grey market thing, even if the market was absent any interference from Kubota or Yanmar, was on a downward trend for a while. When newcomers to the market (and I use that term with no disparaging intentions) started competing with the JD and Kubota brands, it gave us a lot of good options on new tractors. I think it caused JD and Kubota to keep some economy type tractors in their lineup. Mahindra, Kioti, LS, Branson, TYM, helped even the JD and Kubota buyers by trying to keep a lid on price increases. At the same time, the dollar exchange to the Yen became very unfavorable. A tractor that did cost an importer $4000 was suddenly $5500, or even more. Add a loader to a $5500 20 year old Yanmar, do a service and fix everything, add a ROPS, perhaps replace some tires and there is not much margin for the dealer to sell this for under $9k. Enter a new Mahindra/LS or whatever with a good warranty, good parts availability and power-steering, R4 tires, ROPS, and so on for $11-12k ish (at the time, a little higher now) for the 20-24HP units, and it was a perfect storm that I think made the grey markets not really such a good deal. Save $3k, get a 20 year old tractor, often without PS and with rice tires? And financing isn't always so attractive either on greys. There are of course examples where the greys are a good deal. I am just generalizing.

I think Yanmars are great tractors by the way. I recently bought a mini-excavator, a track loader and a couple of new forklifts for the business and all have Yanmar engines and they really are hard to beat.

The dollar-yen exchange is a little better now and Fredericks may be able to buy in large enough volume that he can make these a good deal. I wish him well.

I think your generalization is/was spot on, or atleast thats pretty much how I perceived it when I was looking semi seriously a bit back, I dont think many (including myself) are going to "buy in" just to save 2 or 3 K over new but then I suppose getting much less for a used gray machine leaves the reputable retailer with little or nothing for his efforts and we all have to eat.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #345  
... my opinion,,, Any refurb yanmars you see for sale ( from now on) will be from Fredricks or a Fredricks dealer.
I think you're right. And it looks like only Fredricks can list on Ebay. I just posted the following in another thread but I think it should be noted here in this 'lawsuit' thread:

Apparently Yanmar is still filing Ebay VERO takedown notices which make a copyright-infringing auction disappear.

Two Yanmar auctions I had in my Ebay 'watch list' disappeared. This is in contrast to the 'auction ended' banner on an expired (or sold) listing.

In both of the disappeared auctions the grey-market model number was in the auction title. But an auction for a 2210BD wasn't affected, apparently because its model is named only within the detailed description.

Fredricks' auction for a YM1610D remains listed. And as always, auctions for US-model Yanmars are allowed.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #346  
I think you're right. And it looks like only Fredricks can list on Ebay. I just posted the following in another thread but I think it should be noted here in this 'lawsuit' thread:

Apparently Yanmar is still filing Ebay VERO takedown notices which make a copyright-infringing auction disappear.

Two Yanmar auctions I had in my Ebay 'watch list' disappeared. This is in contrast to the 'auction ended' banner on an expired (or sold) listing.

In both of the disappeared auctions the grey-market model number was in the auction title. But an auction for a 2210BD wasn't affected, apparently because its model is named only within the detailed description.

Fredricks' auction for a YM1610D remains listed. And as always, auctions for US-model Yanmars are allowed.

Well, Does that mean that I can or cannot list my Fredricks tractor on E Bay ?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #348  
whats ebay???? we stop selling on there years a go. we now sell on graiglist for free. y pay ebay? now there a lot more parts for for all grays out there. not just yanmar

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #349  
Coldwater, did the yanmar Lawsuit affect you're selling / importing yanmar tractors ? Did yanmar come after you like he did the others ?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #350  
no they did not...no affect at all. selling are importing.....but i did not sell as a recanditionor. i am a as is from the farms tractors