Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #361  
Yep, $4600 less for a 34 year old tractor. A great deal to some folks, a poor one to others. Depends on your perspective.
Exactly, $4600 more for a new, 0 hour machine with power steering, built in overrunning clutch, 12x12 syncro shuttle transmission, 3 year warranty, better financing options, flat transmission tunnel (shifter is on the fender vs on the floor), all labels in English, 2 more HP at the PTO (3 more HP at the engine), skidsteer QA on the loader and Choice of ag, industrial or turf tires at no additional cost. I know which one I would choose.
Now, if cost was the #1 driver in the decision, I might go the other way, but I would probbaly look at a 10 year old used tractor vs a 30 year old one.

Aaron Z

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #362  
Exactly, $4600 more for a new, 0 hour machine with power steering, built in overrunning clutch, 12x12 syncro shuttle transmission, 3 year warranty, better financing options, flat transmission tunnel (shifter is on the fender vs on the floor), all labels in English, 2 more HP at the PTO (3 more HP at the engine), skidsteer QA on the loader and Choice of ag, industrial or turf tires at no additional cost. I know which one I would choose.
Now, if cost was the #1 driver in the decision, I might go the other way, but I would probbaly look at a 10 year old used tractor vs a 30 year old one.

Aaron Z

Other than the shifter is on the fender vs on the floor, the difference of OE date of manufacture, and the 1-yr vs 3-yr, the Fredricks holds up to the other points too. That's the reason why I chose the model of a good totally restored Yanmar in "like-new" condition to the LS. Otherwise, anything else would be sub-par as a Yanmar in comparison from other dealers.

Yanmar has a few good 2014/2015 models to compare these days. Wonder what the similar model would be to the LS.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #363  
Oh true. If the Yanmar is a VN type and not redone well as a restore, the pricier LS would do. But then again, the VN Yanmars sell for way less anyways.

As far as I have heard, the Yanmars from Fredericks are pretty top notch. I don't think the quality of the refurb is being questioned, and that is probably why they aren't being sold for $8500. It costs quite a bit to go through one of these tractors properly, and he installs a really good loader, not some "fabbed up in a barn" looking loader like we see on some units sold elsewhere.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #364  
Just noticed this past week of the Yanmar EU Gray market tractor notice.

EU Grey Market Tractor Notice

It has many of the US YMxxx, and a few others not mentioned on the US notice that are OK in the EU, like for example the YM141 and YM143. Before I thought, why were they skipping numbers? Now I know. ;)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #365  
I bought a 1610 at RCO in 2011, it's been a great little tractor. Put a battery and a voltage regulator in it in four years. It mows and rototiller a garden. Gets about a 150 hours a year. It depends on what your comparing the money too. I paid $4600 for it fully restored and put a Caroni finish mower behind it. Much better option then some box store riding mower, for the money. For properties under five acres I couldn't recommend a better strategy for the money. Oh, it sips fuel. HS

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #366  
Wow, got a good read tonight of the posted outcome of the Georgia lawsuit. Looks very promising to buy a gray Yanmar now. :)

www.fredricksimporting.com/s/agreement2013.pdf

I do like section 16. Those who do own a Fredricks Yanmar can resell without the ad being pulled. :)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #367  
Everyone should take notice that Yanmar Corporation has filed suit against most dealers and some folks acting like dealers that handle Yanmar tractors built for use in Japan but imported into the US and sold here.

The main issue is trademark infringement but the underlying issue is liability.

Yanmar tractors brought here through Vietnam are not fitted with the OSHA required safety equipment and are therefore at the center of this litigation.

Yanmar tractors refurbished in the US and bearing the UTDA certification have the necessary safety equipment and therefore are the better option, by far.

The event that triggered this situation at this time is the introduction of the new tractors now available in the US built by Yanmar and bearing their name. Not to be confused with the ill fated Yanmar/Cub Cadet tractors which are no longer being produced.

This post is submitted based on the facts of the lawsuit and one guy's opinion.

You woudln't have a dog in this fight by any chance would you? Like maybe the fact you sell "approved" tractors?

RichP

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #368  
You woudln't have a dog in this fight by any chance would you? Like maybe the fact you sell "approved" tractors?

RichP

several posters on this board have a dog in the fight!! As in dealers!

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #369  

RichP
And in response, will you share with us why you are interested in this? I see you don't own a Yanmar.

This thread is vitally important to everyone with a tractor covered by this forum.

If you are not familiar with the issues, see my post #333 above, it links to
http://www.fredricksimporting.com/history
where the final third of that page summarizes the issue and its outcome.
Also Bmaverick's post #366 above links to the final details.