Comparison Yanmar lawsuit.

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #31  
I expect the VN dealers to get slammed next. I ... mean the actual VN dealers
Vina of Texas was named as a defendant in one of the summaries I found from Aaron's Google link. I wouldn't be surprised if Vina wholesales one third or more of the VN "New Rebuilt only 18 hours 2009 model" type of imports.

Does this mean all the Used Car dealers can look forward to being sued too? Salvation Army? Vietnam Veterans of America?
Anyone who redistributes a used product? Man this is crazy.
The ability of a trademark holder to absolutely control use of that trademark is established in US law. Most firms don't go overboard on this, but it seems Yanmar has decided to wipe clean the public image of their brand, ie to prohibit the 'rebuilt' vendors from using their name. There is some justification in this. The Vietnam rebuild factories have no access at all to genuine Yanmar parts so all of their 'new rebuilt' tractors are assembled out of God-knows-what. Or not rebuilt at all.

It will be interesting to see if the UTDA dealers are included in these suits. (They pledge to modify their Yanmar gray imports up to US safety standards before sale.) Also the vendors of replica replacement parts for Yanmars. Does anybody here know about that? :)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #32  
Does this mean all the Used Car dealers can look forward to being sued too?
Salvation Army? Vietnam Veterans of America? Anyone who redistributes a used product?
Man this is crazy.

No, only those that are seriously misrepresenting the product. RTFT!!

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #33  
I would be having my lawyers looking at every piece of paper on this lawsuit now if I was a dealer and getting ready for the hammer to fall just sayin...sucks for us guys with these decent old tractors and the dealers that did it right. Seems a bad apple spoils it for everyone like it usually goes. They cant control the aftermarket or the used parts market I am pretty sure of that just trademark stuff with Yanmar etc on it. maybe wrong

(were we not just talking about repro Yanmar emblems and decals D'OH!!!)

Last edited:
   / Yanmar lawsuit. #34  
Quite frankly I wish I could walk into a local Yanmar dealer now and see my next brand new tractor or find a good 10 year old Yanmar tractor on the lot and be able to trade mine in etc and get parts at a moments notice like JD etc.

There are advantages for manufacturers and folks having US spec tractors and granted it will be awhile but its coming and it will be an interesting race for consumers dollars look at Toyota and Honda. my .002

(and I didn't buy my tractor at the wholesale price like lots of people do which makes these attractive either keep that in mind. I paid what I could have bought a 6 yo 45 hp JD mfwd w/loader for which says I am a Yanmar fan)

Last edited:
   / Yanmar lawsuit. #35  
I wonder why they're nailing resellers and not just importers. Curious if their purpose is to shut dealers down, change the labels, or just quit selling the product. And then the question is, do dealers have recourse against VN?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #36  
No, only those that are seriously misrepresenting the product. RTFT!!

Read The Freaking Title? Text? = whatever... Used is Used and will always have a prior name. Refurbished is still Used. Why stop it at OUR Boarder after they have been paid? Tell them stop shipments from leaving their ports, they can destroy and use them for scrap, not much money that way hugh.

only gives me the thought that Yanmar is muscling its way over the YANMAR Grey Market popularity for its New line and debut.
There is NO forum here on TBN for the YANMAR 2012 and future tractors. (maybe there will be, or NEW LINE owners will squeeze in) J.D. SCUT and CUT (YANMAR) guys ask questions once in awhile.
Are they going to wipe out the grey owner posts because they claim YANMAR? This part of the forum would be emptied.

YANMAR makes a real nice, fuel efficient Diesel Outboard Motor that cannot be purchased in the US, why? YANMAR Diesel Inboard motors abound. This marketing stuff has me looking into ordering from Indonesia in spite.

Makes me think about the Mattress and Pillow tags that took years to finally claim it is OK for the buyer to remove it.

I should have stayed away from the keyboard and submit reply button, but the "RTFT"........

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #37  
Sorry if I offended you my reference acronym was "Read the **^%$ whole thread first. Not just the title. And yes I have an 012 Yanmar and I have a lot of respect for the Grey Market as it provides good tractors at a modest price which is really great in this day and age. But, there are points to be made and we could get into a big discussion on the import/export laws of our country vs. other countrys and it is another bag of worms.

Again sorry if I offended you but it didn't seem like you had read the complete thread before your comments.:)

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #38  
Will ford or massed be sued next, how about IH, or AC, JD? There are hundreds of old tractors restored each year, many sold. They dont have PTO shields on them some do not have an internal PTO clutch (so they need ORC) or roll bars?

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #39  
I don't think Yanmar understands US market. Just paint them red and cream, and bring them into the country. We have waited 50 years for this to happen. No one will care a bit about used machines when the new ones hit the shore in the right color scheme. Dumb that yellow/black cub color and bring them in, we are all just waiting to get our hands on them. As for the outboards bring those too. And slip that BMW/Yanmar 6er into a tractor for me.....

HS

/ Yanmar lawsuit. #40  
I wonder if there might be another motive for the suit. Is it possible they don't want to win, but instead just want to establish court records saying that they denounce the grey market products so that they won't be held liable in the future for any damages caused by such non-compliant products?

xtn

Last edited: